• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning out Bella's indoor cage...

...I don't think I do it enough or do it right for that matter.

How ARE you supposed to do it, just to see if I do it fine?

I'm cleaning out her cage now, I don't think I'm doing it right :roll:

Diana x

I don't think you can get it wrong really. Just take out the dirty stuff, spray/ wipe the cage down, and put in clean stuff. And clean toys and bowls.

If you don't think you are doing it right what exactly are you doing to arrive at this conclusion?

I don't think there is a right way to clean a bun out:D Everyones buns are different, therefore everyone will probably clean their buns out differently. With D&J, I take everything out, dis-infect it, then wipe it with a wet cloth, then dry it out for about 10-15 mins, then fill back up, with: Newspaper, Woodshavings, and a layer of Hay ontop.
Hope this helps you x
Jack x x

As ong as she can get warm, has got food and water and hay, she won't want anything more from you:D
Drake and Josh don't appreciate my efforts, they go streight in, push all the bedding out:evil::lol::lol:
Jack x x

Same as Bella! I would finish then put her back in. She moves her toys around(including her NOISY ball!) when we're watching the soaps :lol: She would have her tea, water, hay, and have a rest. Next she would rip up her paper and puts a medium/large-sized bit in her mouth and hop all around her cage! We say she's wallpapering :lol:

She's a rabbit, all she wants is somewhere warm that she feels safe, food and water and like all mine somewhere she can race about and explore (they love that the most!)

She won't be sitting there thinking 'why has the 2 foot not taken this bit of bedding out when that's exactly the bit I wanted removing not that bit i pee'd on!!' :lol:

I'm sure you clean her out just fine.

Your right, sorry and thanks!

I've just noticed another thing about threads. Everytime I reply to someone, my reply goes back under my last thread :shock: Never used to do that.

I don't think there is a right way to clean a bun out:D Everyones buns are different, therefore everyone will probably clean their buns out differently. With D&J, I take everything out, dis-infect it, then wipe it with a wet cloth, then dry it out for about 10-15 mins, then fill back up, with: Newspaper, Woodshavings, and a layer of Hay ontop.
Hope this helps you x
Jack x x

Oh okay, yeah it helps, thanks hun.
Diana x

Okay, thanks. Just had a thought, what if Bella expects more from me?

As ong as she can get warm, has got food and water and hay, she won't want anything more from you:D
Drake and Josh don't appreciate my efforts, they go streight in, push all the bedding out:evil::lol::lol:
Jack x x

Okay, thanks. Just had a thought, what if Bella expects more from me?

She's a rabbit, all she wants is somewhere warm that she feels safe, food and water and like all mine somewhere she can race about and explore (they love that the most!)

She won't be sitting there thinking 'why has the 2 foot not taken this bit of bedding out when that's exactly the bit I wanted removing not that bit i pee'd on!!' :lol:

I'm sure you clean her out just fine.

i dont think there is a right way but i just tip everything out once a week on a mon then on a thurs i tip everything out give it quick wash with washing up liquid and water,then soak it in white vinegar to get rid of any stains then rinse it with boiling water.Also clean the wire top with water and w up liquid once a week +dog basket and anything else belonging to her.So she gets clean bedding twice a week but a thorough wash once a week.At the end of the day do what you think is right.

i dont think there is a right way but i just tip everything out once a week on a mon then on a thurs i tip everything out give it quick wash with washing up liquid and water,then soak it in white vinegar to get rid of any stains then rinse it with boiling water.Also clean the wire top with water and w up liquid once a week +dog basket and anything else belonging to her.So she gets clean bedding twice a week but a thorough wash once a week.At the end of the day do what you think is right.

Okay, thank you :)

Back