• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lionhead cages

hey im new and do have any rabbits but i was just wondering how big is a lionhead or dwarf lionhead?
and also can you have and inside cage thats 140 cm x 71 cm x 48 cm for its life time?

please try and reply

Bumping this up for you - not sure about sizes but this is where my lionhead Flopsy lives with his wife Jem.

DSCF0799.jpg

hey im new and do have any rabbits but i was just wondering how big is a lionhead or dwarf lionhead?
and also can you have and inside cage thats 140 cm x 71 cm x 48 cm for its life time?

please try and reply

Hello :wave:

For an average size rabbit like a lionhead you would need a 4-6ft hutch or cage, with a run of some sort attached :)

When you say "for it's life time" what do you mean? Even if the rabbit spends the majority of the day in the cage or hutch, run around time is vital. Several hours a day should be available for the rabbit to stretch it's legs in an adequate space.

To give you an idea of indoor housing, my two share the space below a cage (140cm or approx 4.5ft long) with NIC grid run attachment. They are enclosed in this space during the day and have run of the whole room from when I get home until I go to bed.

2500096458_9d734da0cd.jpg

Hope that helps somehow :)

Thats size cage would be ok as a base if the rabbit gets free run of a room during the day but not if the rabbit is caged 24 hours a day.
Also bear in mind that rabbits prefer to live in pairs so if you have the space and money for another rabbit then they will need even more room.

Hi, Thea and Bobbin, I was just wondering where you got your wire cage from been looking around today and cant find anything.But this is the kind of thing im looking for so blossom can see a little more of whats going on when she goes away for blossom time.
hope you can help thanks

Hi there,
I have a cage identical to the one that Thea uses. The cheapest place I found it at was www.zooplus.co.uk. They are currently £99 there (mine was significantly cheaper 6 months ago :() I believe zooplus do give a discount if it is your first order.
I am not sure where is best to get the NIC grids from, I am sure someone else will be able to help.

Back