• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleeping bunnies!

Kim_w

Mama Doe
Have you ever seen your rabbits asleep?????
Our rabbits are house rabbits and live in an indoor cage each (they did love each other but then started to fight!!)and are currenlty in there own bedroom. When I got in from work yesterday I went upstairs opened there bedroom door and said "hello babies!" they were both sat all snuggled up fast asleep! They didnt even flinch until I walked over to there cages and said "hello" again then they both jumped because threy hadnt realised I had even come in the room. Im sure they have no natural instinct left.
It happened again today, I walked in there room to get one of them to put in there run and they didnt even wake up when I went over so I have just left them to sleep!!!
Lazy bunnies!!!:)

Mo is sometimes so fast asleep that even with a gentle nudge he doesn't wake up...or maybe he is working on the theory "If I ignore her she'll go away" :lol:

My boarder that never left - Missy (siamese sable mini lop) - is poorly sighted & partially deaf - she is ALWAYS sleeping. She doesn't wake up for ages - I'm always prodding her to check she's ok:oops:

lol, Carlton falls asleep on top of his castle (glorified cardboard box), he's face twitches and he starts slipping... then falls on the floor. yesterday i found him fast asleep half under his litter tray :shock: he'd been rearranging and was so tired he was out for the count, i almost thought he'd died!

It must be because our bunnies are so happy and relaxed living wth us that they feel they can zonk out whenever they like!!! :lol::lol::lol:

i have watched my bun's head start to nod:shock: and then she makes little noises ( I guess she is bunny dreaming) but she wakes herself up and usually has a jig round when she realises what she has done!:shock:

Yeah i always see alfie swaying with his eyes closing dozin off and then he realises and startles himself...so cute!!:oops:
My buns so sooo chilled i had a bit of a party and everyone was out on the terrance, (where they live free range ) and i thought theywould be scared with all the feet and legs n bodies and noise but the happily nosied abound sniffing everyones shoes, then bobby did a giant flop on my boyfrinds mates foot, almost onto his back while alfie lay full stretch on top of his hutch suvaying the party!!! :shock::shock:it was so cute they were so relaxed not scared at all just all inquisitve and enjoying the maze of shoes..i was telling everyone...watch the buns dont stand on them!!!:lol:

Russel sleeps like the dead, I have actually panicked and picked him up quite swiftly only ot be met by a confused Bunster in my arms!! :oops::lol:

Back