• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Qualifications?

LaLa

Alpha Buck
Hi :wave:

This question may have been asked before so apologies before hand if it has.

I currently work as an office administrator and apart from owning pets over the years I have no proffessional animal care qualifications.

Is there any courses or qualifications that I could take in example "Rabbit care" as in the future, if possible, I would like to be involved with rehoming, a charity or possible career change in working with animals!

Again apologies if I have not looked in the correct section.

Thanks

:)

I don't know about actual courses but why not volunteer at your nearest rescue? You learn loads about bunnies and get to see all kinds of health issues and how to cure them.

Rescues need lots of help and would be grateful to have an extra pair of hands.

Yes that's what I'm going to have a look at tonight for the nearest local rescue centre to me in Christchurch, Dorset. Definately best to get hands on experience but just wasn't sure if there are particulary recognised qualifications.

I doubt you will find any qualifications that are Rabbit specific, but certainly there are nationaly recognised animal care courses that your local further education college should know about. Work experience at a rescue would be very useful, especially if they would back that up later with a reference.

Back