• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

bifs off to vets this evening....

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
shes had poopy bum overload..put it down to honeymoon tum.....with her and bandit getting so loved up every evening lately whilst exercising together and almost ready to livetogether.

but i noticed the other day she has staining on her dewlap from her food....but i was worried...a little is fine but this is quite big now and noticeable when far away as well as up close! shes not woofing pelelts down but then again i have reduced them greatly....
her poos started getting pile sof soft poos till dinnertime or afternon..took it to be stress or honeymoon tum. no fibreplex left..i always keep some in the drawer but forgot to reorder...darn.
wet greens..pleanty of hay...then fibreplex came and she has had one tube and started second onelast night...if it handt been for use kindly giving he that bit of leftover metaclopramide syrup and me giving it to bif last two daysd i hate to think....but yesterday she was bright and happy but somethings not right..her hay isnt being eaten with usual gusto....her straw plait i finally found online after so long..she was happy to see tried to nibble and pulled away same with her grass mat....most unlike her
shes eaten two teaspoons of pelelts over night....but her hay doesnt look touched much at all..the poos are a little bigger but no enough or enough quantity....

her appointments 4.40pm today but our rabbit vets on holiday..this vet ive never met but if i wiated tilltomorrow itd be radu..

i know she has to be seen asap so i got a slot today....last night when i rang...

im sure its her teeth..even tho shes had them checked regulalry recently by rob and radu(once) rob said shes fine good short teeth..no sign of spurs....

but she had such a hard time once before and petra thought i was sily as the psurs were so tiny..but bif had them removed and she was fine..
is it normal for buns to be that sensitive to small spurs not touching nay soft tissue?

sigh...shes my post traumatic stress disorder rescued badly abused bunny..ive had two years now and shes a sickly but special girl....her tum is always her downfall if she gets stressed..scared..excited.....

maybe it is gi probs again but its gotta have a root cause..oh no pun intended :oops: hasnt it? 7 rabbits 6 years and im still asking questions?

i have four right now..lost one to dental probs ex petshop bun...one to brain parasite poss stroke poss e c.....vets unhelpful and uncaring...then bifs husbunw ith gi stasis........all in 3 years:(

poor bif...she seems a lot brighter than day before yesterday too....im taking bandit with her.

she and him are in lurve finally..but not living together in same cage but side by side andpsend hours n hours out of cages togehter.....i will keep them housed seperate to monitor her poos etc....but let them be together the rest of the time...shouldnt make things worse should it?

How did Bif go on at the vets? Hope its not her teeth :( Daniels got a really bad tummy at the moment so they are just on hay & nothing else. Might be worth a try if its not her teeth :) X

Any update on my special little lady? :love:

Give her, Bertie, Willow and Bandit a big cuddle or nose rub and a scratch for Salem and his sister from me please

:( my little girlies going into have her teeth sorted tomorrow....

the vet said her teeth are very jagged but no spurs..not very even he said..when a few weeks ago they were fine...its the way dental probs go:(

if it handt been for the fibreplex and the littleleft of the metaclpop syrup sue gave me when i adopted bandit i dont think shed be where she is....

bandit weed from here to the taxi and there and in and out again..bif wasnt amused.....but so glad he was with her..they clung together all the time.
hes going with her tomorrow......hes been with her..shes been sleeping in his cage all night with him....just put her to bed before i came up here.

everytime she goes for any sedation i worry sick..shes had a rough old time of life and i worry sick.......

its been well well over a year since her last dental and before that shed had several at the old vets in a few months..one two weeks apart..new vets did it second time..the other vets ahd odne the wrong side:evil: petra did both sides at same time to even them as well.
they said the allen and page pellets and the best timmyhay should ensure her dental probs keep low..i guess a year is low......freshleafy greens for a bun with tum probs has to be small amounts...why did i feel gulity for explaining it again?
he wasnt a bad vet dont get me wrong...very nice to talk to and explained how methods alter according to severity.....and levels of sedation used...very informative..i always appreciate that.

becki..yep good method too.also if you get some protexin bio lapis and give one sachet a day for 3 weeks oslid then move to avipro powder for a week after that and it does ease upa bit..but finding what upsets their tums is a hit n miss effort..

billysmom...its as expected teeth probs.....she looks at me as if to say..i never said anything dont make me go...

Gem...where are you hun? is everything ok or are you still on the move?
Youre special little lady is scared witless she knows whats coming as she can sense the worry in me tonight....luckily bandits been caring for her..she only wants his time right now......

she says sniffy kisses coming your way..so you dont forget her....shes been so easy for me to medicate..thats how i knew something was up..shes so used to it when shes ill she lets me do it without a fuss and enjoys a cuddle after....
salems been worried and keeping close to her and her cage last few days..he must have known..he adores his "mum". zuzu too has been keping near bif and chirping kitten noises at her like shes always done. Even poor old bertie has been hanging aorund worrying..willows bene willow and shes kept away otherwise bif attacks her...size emans nothing to little miss pitbull with a scuttlebutt!!

salem and zuzu say thank you and purrs to you..thebuns all send sniffy kissses and bif sends a special extra hug to her aunty gem.....

----------------------------------

vibes folks please..ive had a terrible feelingpast two weeks that im losing bertie..but maybe its bif with this teeth burring.........silly i know but im sure weve all had feelings and then pushed it to one side only to have a pet die?
shes my special little girl.....survived so much bad treatment and loss and probs even here..loss of her husbun...nearly pined to death..found bertie..house flooded ....etc.....i feel so bad in the 2 years ive had her she hasnt had an easy comfy life at all....:(

:(sweety......stay safe...get well.....biffykins.xxx

Back