• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorry litter training again

CLAREM1

Warren Scout
Now have the baby buns 10 weeks old and I have litter tray in the part of the hutch where there food water hay with Megazorb in covered with a layer of hay/straw bedding which I think they are going in to do wee's although some do go over the side sometimes. They do their poo's everywhere which I don't mind picking up but can they be trained not to do this? Also in the sleep area I put hay and straw bedding down but they are still weeing and pooing in there in one particular corner is the obvious solution to put a litter tray in there as well

Hi, I got mine at 8 weeks and they were both litter trained 3 days later! Oscar was good and seemed to go to the litter tray straight away but Charlotte went in her bed compartment for wees and poos and Oscar was still dropping poos around as well.
What I did was clean the hutch well, and put a bit of their wees and poos in the littre tray and in the sleeping bit where Charlotte went, I removed everything except the woodchips on the floor. I also checked the hutch constantly, and out every poo in the box. After 3 days they were both using the tray properly. We still get the odd occasional poo somewhere other than the litter tray, but nothing major! We have now put bedding back into the sleeping compartment and neither bun is using it as a toilet.
My problem now is why they refuse to use the litter tray in the run but choose to wee all over the concrete instead lol!

Good idea

Hi, I got mine at 8 weeks and they were both litter trained 3 days later! Oscar was good and seemed to go to the litter tray straight away but Charlotte went in her bed compartment for wees and poos and Oscar was still dropping poos around as well.
What I did was clean the hutch well, and put a bit of their wees and poos in the littre tray and in the sleeping bit where Charlotte went, I removed everything except the woodchips on the floor. I also checked the hutch constantly, and out every poo in the box. After 3 days they were both using the tray properly. We still get the odd occasional poo somewhere other than the litter tray, but nothing major! We have now put bedding back into the sleeping compartment and neither bun is using it as a toilet.
My problem now is why they refuse to use the litter tray in the run but choose to wee all over the concrete instead lol!

I think I will do that remove the bedding and just put some wood chips down and see what happens ..I've got a litter tray in the run and not seen any wee's on the patio but I'm not sure if they are using the litter tray in the run or if they are running back up to do them in the hutch ! its like having real babies (er human ones) :lol:

Last edited:
Back