• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutralising a set up - what to use?

Witchy

Warren Scout
Hi guys, I need to give the below set up a really good clean ready for all four to move into (hopefully, fingers crossed).

Can you recommend a good cleaning product that I could use? I'm wary of using something that may cause harm and want to use the best thing I can get my hands on.

Look forward to your recommendations!! :wave:

I use white vingear. It disolves the calcium build up and neutralises all smells. Its totally natural and even better then many products out there.

I brought white cleaning vingear from Wilkinsons for £1.29 in a spray bottle.

I'D USE WHITE WINE VINEGAR ON YOUR SET-UP I THINK. I SEPNT YESTERDAY NEUTRALISING MY HOUSE WITH NEUTRADOL SHAKE'N'VAC AND FEBREEZE AND PHIL ENDED UP HAVING AN ASTHMA ATTACK FROM THE FUMES LAST NIGHT :cry::cry:

Hi JB,

Yes, they are two 6x2x2 hutches with the sides removed so its now one 12x2x2 hutch. Same with the runs underneath, I've left the woodwork to support both hutches, just removing the wire. The run is 12x4.

The hutches came with holes for ramps, I just secured the wood back in the floor on one hutch but cut the hole for the other ramp much larger. The boys couldn't get down the original hole as it was only cut to around 6x4 inches - its now 14x6 inches so they can get their fat bums down :D

I've bought a brand new 8x4 run to bond the boys and girls in and they'll stay in there whilst I clean the mansion.

Cheers for the white vinegar tip - so what amount would I use in a 2 litre bucket as a general wash down? Would I use a stronger solution for bottles, feedbowls and toilet areas/trays?

Back