• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The ****** Builders are Making My Buns Poorly :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
The noise from all the building work going on both next door and now opposite me too is causing my Buns so much stress :cry: Libby went into stasis all over the weekend and now Tess is in a bad way too :cry:

Please send vibes for poor wee Tess, she is not a well Bunny today :cry:

Janex

awww hun what a nightmare :(:(

do you know how long the builders are there for? sending lots of dont get stressed vibes to you all xxx

We have builders next door too, luckily my lot aren't that bothered, but sometimes, if a drill is going, they freak out. I have considered whether or not it has contributed to Jack's stress, but she doesn't seem bothered by it. :?

vibes for your buns Jane x

My outdoor buns were bad enough when our neighbours had new guttering up :roll: they were banging their paws & getting very annoyed..

I doubt it'll help but have you tried putting some music on ? or is all the banging & drilling to loud to hear yourself think ?

My outdoor buns were bad enough when our neighbours had new guttering up :roll: they were banging their paws & getting very annoyed..

I doubt it'll help but have you tried putting some music on ? or is all the banging & drilling to loud to hear yourself think ?

Trouble is they also have 'music' blasting out too.....bloody rap :censored:
I have just asked them to turn it off cos we are seriously stressed here now :evil: :cry:.

I really like my neighbours and I dont want to fall out with them but I really cant put up with this noise for much longer

:censored:

Janex

Blimey, my buns have been fine and we have had diggers, chainsaws and sledge hammers going in the garden.

Im glad they arn't sensitive souls.

Hope your buns will be OK :)

It's likely to be the vibrations as much as anything. If they are using drills, the poor buns probably think that their burrow will collapse - and of course they'll pick up on your stress - after all you are head bunny to them

Hang in there. Can you move the stressed ones to your car and take them for a little drive - might do you good too

Are they outdoor buns? Is there any way you can bunny proof a room in the house just while the builders are there? Put a radio or leave a tv on in there and they should be ok.

Awww, poor buns! :(

I think someone's already said this, but is there anywhere you can have them inside away from the noise, just until it finishes?

We had the house plastered over the past 3 weeks and we were amazingly lucky to have a wonderful plasterer who had in his references 'good with animals'! He did one room at a time, with hardly any noise, mess or dust, and Toby stayed flopped out in his cage in another room - didn't bother him at all!

*hugs* to your bunnies.

Maybe they are picking up on you worrying about them? Try and relax yourself so they don't feel like anything odd is going on, mine go funny when there is disruption that is stressing me and the o/h out, like when we did our roof terrace (which I still haven't posted pics of), whilst we were fussing over things and I was fussing over them they were unsettled, when we sat on the couch infront of the TV they relaxed too.

Try playing relaxing music, I play mine music coming up to November the 5th and beyond, it may help :love:

I wonder why some rabbits get upset and others don't. My rabbits endured being right at the side of the neighbours demolition and rebuild of the extension which lasted for more than a year, with builders tramping round our garden, concrete mixers etc etc and last weekend we were drilling the wall right at the side of their hutch, and they didn't even notice!!

I don't worry about them so much, though, as I kind of think they've survived 4 years of bonfire nights, and other noises, so they're unlikely to be affected by a drill or similar. If they were babies I'd probably be more wary..

My rabbits hate loud music/noise too.

They live outside and most weekends my neighbour plays loud music. I deaden the sound a bit with curtains at their windows but when it was really bad the other weekend I put them inside in the hall, as far away from the noise as possible.

Is there anyway you can move them to a different part of the house, it may help.

FC xx

Back