• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

baby rabbit - 50 droppings in ten minutes!

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. Bought ten week old lionhead in for his daily brush. He sat on my lap, calmly looking around. Eyes bright, body language relaxed, picture of a healthy bun - or so I thought. I got up to return him to his hutch and found he'd left a fountain of droppings on my lap! About 50-60 in all!! Dried, looked normal, but how could so many come out of one small rabbit in such a short time? This morning he's eating fine, hopping round as normal. Can anyone tell me what's going on? :shock:

When we had our bunny Dizzy he once did 63 in a very short amount of time when he came in the house. Sure he used to store them up!

Ah so it's nothing to worry about? I was trying to persuade my mother he could be considered as a house rabbit. Great timing on his part! :oops:

When we first got Benjamin, one of his nicknames was the poop machine, I'm sure you can guess why! It's most likely territorial and will get better in time. Benjamin was litter trained before he was neutured too, but it's apparently much easier after neuturing.

Perfectly normal. I think babies must have hollow legs or something I can work out where they store that many either :lol:

Ah, thanks all; it's a relief there's nothing wrong. He's currently sitting snuggled with his friend in a basket next to the computer cleaning himself, looking as if butter wouldn't melt....

Back