• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poo Problems

Franny_cky

Young Bun
I have tried to see any other messages similar to this, sorry if I have missed them.

My female 2year old rabbit Rosie has been nuetered and vaccinated and is usually prefectly healthy. A couple of weeks ago we left her and her boyfriend Ringo in the care of my housemate for a a night where she fed them a ridiculous amount of dried bananas :evil: This resulted in Rosie getting diarrhoea as she is a lionhead this has been getting stuck to her fur. I've been cleaning her regularly, being rary of flystrike and stopped giving her and fresh fruit/veg (still on pellets) but it is still happening. Its been far to long does anyone know why or what i could do? She going to the vets tomorrow but im worried about her tonight and sometimes vets can be a bit vague about this wort of thing

Thanks x

Usually excess ceacals are the result of too much protein, what type of pellets is she eating?

Is she a good hay eater normally?

I would think the banana incident has been a trigger for upsetting her GI tract with a sudden influx of sugar which has caused her gut flora balance to go astray :?

Last edited:
Yes she always eats plenty of hay. They're both on Excel pellets and have been for a while and have been fine before. Maybe i should take her off pellets for a while and just keep her on Hay and grass?

I would give her a few days to a week on just hay and see if the vets can give you some Fiberplex to help restore her gut flora. Hopefully that will allow her tummy to settle and she will be back to normal soon.

It may be worth getting her RearGuarded in the interim....just to be safe.

i'll keep her on hay for the time being and chat to the vet tomorrow!

Thanks for all the help! I feel much more at ease now! :D x

Annoyingly the vets was full today so ive an appointment for 9:30 tomorrow morning, getting worried again though as Rosie is not herself. I think the stress might have brought her sytitus back (however you spell it)

Back