• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neutered buck

dawnki

Young Bun
Hello,

I'm taking Pip, my lionhead buck, in to be neutered on Thursday morning. I'm worried that his personality will change------right now he is the sweetest buck---sooo relaxed and calm----he's also over a year old and I've read that there can be issues with the anasteseology (sp!) the gas they use to put them under. I'm WORRIED about him------he's my buddy.

Somebody help calm me down!!! :cry::(

Last edited:
i was concerned about a personality change of my little monster but he's as cheeky as ever! :wave:

No operation is risk free but many many bucks are neutered with no problems at all :) It's slightly riskier for does, but provided the rabbit is healthy they have every chance of a speedy recovery :)

I too thought my Bobbin might change, but if anything he's actually more loving :D

I too thought my Bobbin might change, but if anything he's actually more loving :D

aww, loving little Bobbin!

one thing that neutering stopped was ankle nipping for attention, i don't miss that one bit! and nipping the pudgy bit of my tummy like "mummy, you getting porkyyyyy" :lol:

aww, loving little Bobbin!

one thing that neutering stopped was ankle nipping for attention, i don't miss that one bit! and nipping the pudgy bit of my tummy like "mummy, you getting porkyyyyy" :lol:

That's too cute!

Thanks for all your support-----

sending warm waves for you and Gumpy!

thanks lol i know this will sound silly but after the op, is there anything i need to get for him like some kinda ointment? or a heat/cooling pad lol sorry i know it sounds stupid just want him to be comfortable

thanks lol i know this will sound silly but after the op, is there anything i need to get for him like some kinda ointment? or a heat/cooling pad lol sorry i know it sounds stupid just want him to be comfortable

if he's an outdoor bun, bringing him in for a couple of days to recouperate is good and just monitor his eating, drinking and pooping is all that is needed x

he's been for the snip, OMG i was m pre worried than he was!! lol turned out the vet had put stiches in him before so felt that was good, bless him it looks so nasty but he seems happy considereing. he's an indoor bun generally but think i'll leave him in his hutch 2nite and need to stop him jumping on things :?

good luck to pippy lol if only we lived closer they cud be recovery buds and support each other hehehe will be sending out loads of vibes xXXXxXxXx

thanks he seems happy enough lol am worried cos i heard that their hormones go into overdrive for a few days or a week :? has thi shappened to anyone?

Well, I took him in this morning and called the vet around 2pm and they said he was just fine. :bunny: I pick him up in a couple of hours and take my nethy in to have his eye checked.

I can't wait to get pip home!

All is well for the pippers! He's back to his old self! Didn't seem to have a bit of problems with his surgery.

Thanks for all of your support!

peace,
dawn:wave::D:)

Back