• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In Praise of Netherland Dwarfs

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
I have just stopped keeping my fingers crossed following a successful bonding (after several attempts) of my old fella Edison, a poorly sighted and almost certainly deaf white lop. He's been here a year and up until now has failed miserably to accept a wife.

Well, after a couple of weeks together, I think I can now stop holding my breath as it seems he's accepted little Poppet as his forever friend.

She is so amazing and I think we knew as soon as we met her that she'd be the one for him. She cares for him and has made such a big difference in his life, becoming his eyes and ears. This has meant that a previously nervous boy can now relax and enjoy life, leaving his wifeybun to do all of the periscoping for him.

Our first pair of bunnies are made up of a blind lop and a chinchilla Nethie too, and she is also the carer. She makes life so much better for him.

Is it me or are Nethies the best thing since sliced bread?

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

They are, Rocky my mini lop is a nervy boy - no real reason just the way he is - and when the dog crate is opened after work Billy rushes out then after his first initial whizz round the room and binky he runs back in and comes back out with Rocky :D I love them :D

*chants*
NETHIES NETHIES NETHIES :D:D:D:D:D:D

Quote The Duchess:
'He's been here a year and up until now has failed miserably to accept a wife'

Sounds like my ex bf :roll:

Rabswood

Rocket, our Nethie boy, used to be a frightened little man due to mishandling, but since he's been bonded and got used to people he's just the friendliest, most loving bunny EVER! He loves people, he loves rabbits, he loves piggies (when one escaped a while back and found her way into their cage! :lol:) and he's even interested in Lando the dog! He's always grooming and wanting to be groomed, and lives for affection. :D

AMETHYST

yay for nethies!!! jack is a sweetie even though she started off life a little grumpy and is still proned to stampy tantrums. but she is the strongest, sweetest most amazing bunny ever! love her

xx

Wow thats a lovely pair of bunsters and well done. Here is my Dotty who looks quite like yours :shock:

abun149.jpg

Back