• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a new bunny! :)

frankie08

New Kit
Hi everyone, havent been on in ages, hope you and all your lovely wee bunnies are well :D Mylo says hi :wave:

Well good news, my boyfriend is moving out he has a new job up north so that means I can get a wee friend for mylo finally! Very excited, I have just ordered another cage, one of those funky Shak house's. Phoned the local rabbit rehoming centre but unfortunately they dont allow you to take your rabbit along to meet any rabbits and none of the girls are spayed yet.

Any tips for picking the right rabbit? Im looking for a female of a similar age to mylo he is 1 years old, but anything I should look out for? Ive read that it does not matter if they are the same breed, is that right?
Also I dont have any neutral ground in my house for introducing them, mylo gets the run of the house, should this be a problem? I thought Id just introduce them for short periods of time.

Thanks!

Thought I'd say hi. Don't know a great deal about bonding but I would say go with your heart when picking a rabbit match. Similar age is usually what to go for and it doesn't have to be a similar size. Good luck with finding a partner for your bun. :)

Back