• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny behaviour

Foxy&Fudge

New Kit
Hi everyone... hope everyone and your little buns are all well and happy...

Just wanted to share something and also get a bit of advice from the experts here :)

Like i said once in my previous posts im fairly new to rabbits. I have had Tyler for 3 months...so i am learning as i go along.

Before i got Tyler a lot of people told me rabbits are not affectionate animals, they dont like to be picked up, they dont like to be cuddled and stroked etc.... i didnt mind, i just always wanted a rabbit and i decided i was going to get one from a rescue home.

Which i did... i got Tyler when he was only 9 weeks old.. such a cutie, a X Lop, albino. The cutest thing i had ever seen. One of his ear lops and the other one stick up LOL... its just so cute.
Anyway.. what i wanted to ask is....
Basically.. i spend a fair bit of time with Tyler. I work full-time so in the morning i let him out for about half an hour.... (hes lives out-doors) he will come down the ramp and go back up as he pleases. Hes very clever coz what he does come out he comes running down straight to me and i will pick him up and just give him some tcl...he wil then play for a bit and then go back in to the hutch...In the afternoon at about 5pm i get the reaction of shaking head and running in circles i explain later in the message...Tyler then stays out until sunset.. he will go in and out of the hutch as he pleases....

my rabbit really loves my company.. maybe thats because hes by himself... i did get him neutered recently and since then i have found him to be so happy, playful and very clingy.. hes like a little puppy...
I dont know if its normal rabbit behaviour.
I often take him up to my bedroom and even then hes very well-behaved.
I was thinking of getting him a friend but seeing him so happy i dont think i want to spoil it...i love the attention he gives me...:oops:
He never makes any kinds of noises or anything...im not really sure of any common rabbit behaviour.
Tyler also does this really funny thing... when i walk up to him... he shakes his head which makes his ears flop about and then he does this little jumping and runs around in small circles.....
hes such a funny character...

any info on this please guys.... sorry to drag the message so long...
sadia

My Ollie does the head shake thing when she is very excited. Usually when she gets out in the morning, right when I wake up. And then again during her nightly romp when she charges and binkies like crazy. She will run like this, jump in my lap for a cuddle then off again.......Our Leo does not shake the head but loves to circle the feet when he is happy to see us, then gives our feet a lick or two and is off running again also.....I think it is all normal bunny playing and affection.

whoever said bunnies aren't affectionate are just plain ignorant,why would they be the 3rd most popular pet[well 1st to us lot!!]if they are not affectionate!:roll:

Back