• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cabbage question!

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
Hi All :wave: I may have made this up in my head (lol) but I seem to remember reading somewhere that Savoy cabbage is different from a normal green cabbage in that it is less likely to cause bloat. Have I invented this theory or is it it something that you've heard too? Is there a difference, digestively speaking, between varieties of cabbage?

they generally prefer dark green cabbage, and savoy is usually dark green - I usually throw away the paler leaves of cabbage or greens, or eat them in a curry myself :)

I only use savoy too. When I have fed Green cabbage in the past it caused excess and poorly formed ceacals and a real stink in a few of the bunnies....not signs of a good digestive system!

i only use spring cabbage or savoy.bluebell likes normal cabbage but i dont like the smell it leaves her with!!!:lol:

Thanks guys! I normally feed spring greens but am always looking for other things to add to their diet on a regular basis.

Back