• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I introduce a new Rabbit for Ralph?

davemulheran

Warren Scout
Just a quick tester guys

The missus has suggested getting another Rabbit.

We already have ralph, a 2 year old neutered Boy

Would it be wise to introduce a new addition this far in to ralphs life?

and is it hard to bond?

his temprement is quite relaxed.. he did use to hassle the cat quite a lot if it was around though!

and only gets arsey of you try to stroke him when he is under the bed!

thks

Dave

Yep, he's had them removed :D

He is also a house rabbit btw.. with whole house (within reason) access 24 hpours a day and the garden when he wants to go out! in the evening.

what age / sex / breed of rabbit would be advisable to bond with him?

he is a lop eared norweigan dwarf ( i think)

Hello! Whereabouts do you live? As your bun has the run of the house, I'd have thought your best bet would be to take him to a rescue and to bond them there - as it's very important that this is done on neutral territory.

As for age/sex/breed etc, I'd definitely go for a female, preferably neutered, as the pairing most likely to work out. Age, breed and size don't seem to make any difference, like all of us, bunnies have their random preferences which don't necessarily relate to what we think they should be!

I would definitely suggest giving it a go, I have found that bunnies tend to get a lot more outgoing and happy once they have a companion of their own, plus it's so lovely to see them snuggling up together :D

I would definitely suggest giving it a go, I have found that bunnies tend to get a lot more outgoing and happy once they have a companion of their own, plus it's so lovely to see them snuggling up together :D

Hi Alison.

Yes I completley agree. that's the main reason why we are thinking about doing this. :D

How long would bonding take? I wouldnt really want to leave ralph anywhere strange for a length of time.

I live in greenwich, South East London.

I'd love Ralph to have company, but would hate to get a companion, then to have the bonding process fail and have to return / rehome the new rabbit

thks

Dave

Back