• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I got Attacked

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
ive finally got attacked really badly, by Sniper my hare x rex buck he bit me half way between my wrist and elbow rolled over a repeatably scatched me with his back legs:cry: so i have 2 very deep chomp marks and a billion scratches on my arm. wat can i do to stop this i cant and wont pass this problem onto some one else but i dont obvisously want to be biten what should do :cry:

I think getting him neutered will probably stop a lot of the aggression. Sorry he attacked you. :( Also, wear armour when you go to see him.

Neuter him. If it's hormonal, it'll fix him. While he is been neutered get vet to throughly check his teeth/back/ears/hocks for any possible causes of pain, that may cause aggression. Then pair him up with a girlie bun 8 weeks after neuter - that'll solve loneliness issues. That just leaves territorial & fear. Fear, you can gain trust slowly, & territorial - Suit Up!:D

You can't guarantee it, but neutering reduces hormones, so therefore there's a good chance it will improve his behaviour. Also, then he can have a friend to occupy his time.

I had a biter and he was much better a few weeks post neutering- however he never would have been the kind of rabbit to like cuddles, I just left him to his own devices with his friend and lots of space to run around.

I have just had a call from the RSPCA who have said they have had a woman on the phone who's rabbit as attacked them and is really aggressive, the RSPCA phoned me to see what we should do so I have said we will bring it in and get it neutered and take it from there, there is no way I am having him pts until I try working with him:D

well heres the damage he can do in a matter of seconds or it felt like that anyway
the bite where he held on to me
snipersdamage002.jpg

and where those powerful back legs got me
snipersdamage010.jpg

as soon as this happened i went to a friends of mine for him to look at it, he has butterfly stitched it and also put iodine on it wat was surprizing was the iodine never hurt the bite wound but stung to high heaven on the scratches:oops:

I had an aggressive attacking bunny, her siblings were the same way too so it can be inherited. I got her neutered, and she calmed down a lot. I definitely recommend it, I'm very against breeding aggressive rabbits too for whatever reason, so I'd rather just get them fixed right away.

i never planned for him to ever breed, his parents are both lovely temperments i truley hope neuturing will stop this :cry:

Give him a few weeks after his neuter for his hormones to die down & make sure he's fuly checked out by the vet too - if he is biting he could be in pain?

god that is nasty!! i have been bitten almost that bad so i know how it hurts!!!:shock:
neutering has worked wonders for a couple of my rabbits so i hope that it helps him too!

Woooooaah, that buns a bit :evil:.

Hope a good de-plumming will sort him out. I never actually thought a rabbit could do that much damage! :shock:

H xx

neutering will definately help. My Monty used to bite my o/h often. Once MOnty was neutered he calmed down a lot......even more so now that he has the wonderful Audrey bun to keep him occupied:D:D

Oh you would be surprised at the damage rabbits can do. I hope you have had a tetanus recently as if not then you should just in case.

Back