• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A bit concerned by this advert...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. When I was looking on preloved yesterday at hutches I cam across this ad
[admin edit- no freeads links]

Is this normal? The poor little guy is absolutely gorgeous but I just couldnt understand why he is being sold like that. I emailed the person and they explained they're a student moving back in to halls and that they'd bought the rabbit at two months old from a litter of someone they knew, and that he's now 4 months old.

My instinct is too feel so sorry for him that I buy him and look after him. I can't bear the thought of his life being handed around like that for £15 here and there. But I also know that this is probably not a sensible option, and that he might have problems that I wouldnt be best to deal with.

If someone could advise I'd be really really pleased. I just dont know what to do and every time I look at the pic it makes me so sad. I emailed back asking more questions but they never replied so maybe he's already sold :( but I couldnt sit back and do nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry I made the same mistake the other day. He does look really cute doesn't he. I know what your thinking I am just the same but we can't save them all can we.If deep down in your heart you really want him and you have the room and time to look after him then I say go get him:D

I don't know why you are particularly concerned at that ad :?
Although I don't like the selling of animals,,there is nothing to point to that rabbit being at risk..hence the reason for the rules on free ads being changed..to stop sellers getting more advertising and sales through this site

My advice would be to e-mail the seller saying that if he can't find a suitable home that you would take him as a last resort just to stop anything nasty happening to him

As already said, we do not allow links to freeads anymore. Please refer to the link Sooz posted for further information.

Remember you will help two rabbits if you adopt from a rescue- the one you adopt and the one lucky enough to take it's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back