• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can two males be kept together

Salt and Pepper were litter mates, neutered and still together 4 years on, so yes. It depends on the buns though, I suppose.

I adopted 2 brothers aged one and a half, who'd been handed into rescue aged 6 months and neutered together by the rescue - they were fine but one sadly died a couple of years ago. A lot depends on the bunnies - it doesn't always work so you won't know till you try.

Yes I have bonded males. I wouldn't wait to 6 months to get them castrated, keep checking them to get them neutered as soon as you can :D

I have 2 males and they love each other. not related. Marbles a year old and is a Giant Paplion Pepper is a 13 week old Flemish.

I bought a doe with turned out to be a buck! :shock: Was really worrries they wouldnt get on but have had no problems yet! Been together 2 weeks

I have a bonded pair of boys, Binky and Bertie. They have been together since they were little, and were neutered early on. They get on FANTASTICALLY!!!!! :D :D

I also have a bonded group of 5 which consists of three boys and two girls! :D

Bertie and Binky
Abunbinkyandbertiewed7.jpg

I have a bonded group of four consisting of two boys and two girls. My other two (boy and girl) have to be kept separate though as Miles (from the group of four) HATES Benny (from the two) and despite repeated bonding attempts they have NEVER got on.

AMETHYST

i have 2 unneutured boys living happerly together both different ages my 7yr Netherland Dwarf 'Neo' and my 4 1/2 mth old tri dalmation standard rex 'Roger'
this may be a very rare accerence, but to be truthfull it depends on each bun no 2 are ever the same;)

well i've had charlie for years who was bonded with his wifey jack (both neutered) and along came brian. a 4 month old, unneutered, not to mention BIGGER, male. I put their cages next to each other for a week, supervised playtime together, there were one or two scraps (mainly as charlie is protective of little jack and brian kept trying to hump her) but they are all lovey dovey together now

so yes i can be done.

oh and brian is now neutered :)

Back