• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We may have to say goodbye to Bobby soon u/d a reprieve!

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Poor Bobs has visibly shrunk in the past couple of days, and is starting to have trouble eating.
He's had this jaw abcess since last october/ november time. We've managed it fairly well until now, but the abcess has pocketed off, and his jaw bone is now enlarged.
Th problem is, he's still very sprightly, enjoying his food and his time on the grass - snuggling up to Ruby and generally being normal. Apart from he's so tiny now.
I'm taking him to the vets tomorrow to see what they say, but I think the kindest thing to do is to PTS, if not tomorrow, definitely by the weekend as I'd hate for him to suffer.

This is my big, brave, beautiful Bobby in his prime
rubybobby.jpg

Last edited:
Yes :cry:
It's breaking my heart to see him so little, but he's so full of fight and life still.

I know how you feel my Alfie was always up and down:( but i least i never had to make the decision with him
Im thinking of you and bobby xx

Aaaaaaw I'm so sorry to hear this - have lots of snuggle time with him tonight and be guided by your vet for the ultimate decision:(

Thank you.
With Nougat the decision was easy as the life had gone out of her eyes, but my bruiser boy is still in there all the way.

oh no :cry::cry::cry:

i hope he finds some fight from somewhere and makes a recovery

Aww, thank you. Sadly I think a recovery would be an absolute miracle.
I've known since we found the abcess that I would have to say goodbye to him soon, and he's fought longer than I thought.
He's just over 6 years old, and has lived with me for all but 2 months of that. I know he's been very happy and very well loved, by his wifey-buns and by us, and has lived the high life!

Aww, thank you. Sadly I think a recovery would be an absolute miracle.
I've known since we found the abcess that I would have to say goodbye to him soon, and he's fought longer than I thought.
He's just over 6 years old, and has lived with me for all but 2 months of that. I know he's been very happy and very well loved, by his wifey-buns and by us, and has lived the high life!

awww so if hes ready to go its on a high huh....i hope you find comfort in happy memories when he moves on hun cus he wont want you sad xxxxxx

awww so if hes ready to go its on a high huh....i hope you find comfort in happy memories when he moves on hun cus he wont want you sad xxxxxx

I'll be there with him when it's time.
And we have plenty of happy memories, me and the bobster. He's a little star.
I don't feel too sad at the moment, as I know how happy he's been. We will miss his grumpy little face around though.

awww it is a hard decision to make when they're not at death's door exactly but you think they are suffering :(

Just got back from the vet.
Bobby's had the abcess lanced again (yuck!) and the vet seems to think he looks ok - not too thin, although he is scrawny! He's still enjoying his food.
We're going to keep monitoring him, and he hasn't got long left, but we'll keep him going as long as he's happy.
Thank you so much for the messages of support.

Bless him, i'm glad he is still happy. It will be an awful decision to make when the time comes. I dread it with my pets and have been lucky so far and only had to have 2 rats pts but that was hard enough!

Awwww bless him its horrible seeing your pets get old - he is such a gorgeous boy lets hope he has a while longer yet xxx

Back