• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mastering a new ramp!!

swampy

New Kit
hi everyone my name is jill and i have to bunnies benji and roary i have just moved benji in to a new hutch which has a ramp but he wont go up the ramp which is where his toilet is, he has been on the bottom level all day and hasn't been to the toilet, as soon as i've brought him in the room he went straight to his litter try and did what he has been holding in, blees him!

Does anyone have any ideas how i can get him to master the ramp, i have tried putting food up it and on the top level but he hasnt got them????

Mine took several days to master it so don't worry too much. You could try placing small treats at stages up the ramp, so he can reach the first one comfortably but has to really stretch and explore up the ramp to get the others.

AMETHYST

he can got down it but wont go up, i have put some treats near the top to try to entice him. do think i should try to put his food up there to see if it will help??

I would gently nudge him up there a few times, my rabbits always move if I give them a gentle poke. Perhaps then he will get the hang of it

Mine had this problem last week. I put her old ladder on top and she eventually went up. Removed the old ladder the next day and she was fine.

Does the ramp have sides? We had this problem until my son thought to build little sides for the ramp out of a 1x2 trim board. He attached it with finish screws and as soon as we put it back in they ran up and down it. Hope this helps!

Back