• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Probably Naive!

LaLa

Alpha Buck
I've just been reading some articles regarding bunnies bought in pet shops and hearing the horrendous stories, which are awful and have upset me.

I have to confess that my bunny "Honey" was bought in a pet shop and the staff were and have been extremely helpful, I cannot fault there advice.

However I feel a bit guilty now that I didn't look at rescue centres or breeders and that maybe instead of buying books I should have done more research on websites and forums like this before getting her.

But I am extremely glad I did get her as she was the smallest in the litter and the other rabbits I imagine would have been sold a lot quicker but I will maybe not be so naive in the future.

She has grown so much since I bought her and I know she is one happy Bunny. :)

many of us on here got our first bunnies from pet shops. inlcuding myself! my peanut was in pets at home being nipped at by his 2 bigger brothers. he was quite small. he hid in a tunnel and i asked whether they were going 2 seperate him. id bought Jelly the day before, as was in PAH to get her some toys. she was nameless at the time.

They said 'nothing hell be okay' so i scooped him up and went 'he looks like a peanut butter' and when i got home i realised i had a Jelly :D

wouldnt change them for the world...but from now on its rescues all the way x

I think all bunnies deserve a good home where ever they come from. I do agree with you about going to a rescue centre in future. At the time I was getting a rabbit the rescue centre close to me would only rehome rabbits in pairs so I did go to a breeder.

:wave: i feel terribly guilty about my little monster not being from a rescue, i didn't really know anything about rescues and thought i'd never meet the criteria (why, i don't know, i'm a massive self-doubter!). i DO know, though, that he's in a good home and not unloved at the end of a garden in a tiny hutch, that could have been alot different if he hadn't come to me.

i also know that i'll be getting him a girlfriend from a rescue so i will be repenting for my sins! :lol:

Back