• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor petshop bunny

hurricanhoney

Wise Old Thumper
Went into a petshop I don't like going in as the rabbits are staring at you as you walk in because it was quicker than the other one and the poor lionhead was sat on top of a box in a small enclosure with six guinea pigs. It obviously didn't have enough room. I know I will end up going in again tomorrow to check its OK.

Oh dear! I know how you feel. I ended up with a little dutch buck after going into P@H and seeing him being bullied by a group of piggies! After an hour of trying everything to get the staff to separate him, and them doing sweet FA, I drew myself up to my full height of five foot and a dog-end and announced very loudly that if they wouldn't do anything, I'd take him with me! And I did. I realise that they probably very quickly filled his place with another poor bunny but at least I knew he had a good home with me. Poor little chap.

Oh dear! I know how you feel. I ended up with a little dutch buck after going into P@H and seeing him being bullied by a group of piggies! After an hour of trying everything to get the staff to separate him, and them doing sweet FA, I drew myself up to my full height of five foot and a dog-end and announced very loudly that if they wouldn't do anything, I'd take him with me! And I did. I realise that they probably very quickly filled his place with another poor bunny but at least I knew he had a good home with me. Poor little chap.

When I was buying my fat balls for the birds he asked me if there was anything else he could do for me I nearly said something but I know they only have two enclosures and the other had a giant not for sale french lop on its own so they wouldn't do anything. I keep thinking about the poor thing. Hopefully someone will have rehomed it by tomorrow.

I know what you mean, seeing stuff like that makes me really angry. Luckaly there isn't a P@H near me, but I have been in one before and felt sorry for the buns in their small enclosures.

There is another garden/pet shop near me which is actually suprisingly good. The staff know alot and are really helpful, the store is really clean and plenty of staff to look after all the animals. And most importantly, the bunnies are split male/female in large runs with shelters. (I know it sounds like I am advertising!). They also have a wide range of hutches, pet accessories, books etc :)

So when I went to P@H for the first (and last) time I was very shocked!

x Anna

Back