• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Domino nearly died!!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
i had him in the indoor bunny play room with pebbles, push the litter tray int he corner s there was a wire coming hrough with a flat plug socket on the end, and then put a metal grid from a dog crate behind the tray 2 be extra safe, not that they r chewers....

gone in there 15 mins later hes pulled EVERYTHING out of the way and chewed the wire clean off! mum went 'hmm its lucky i pulled the plug out in the utility room isnt it?'

i forgot!! i was so caught up in thinking of the room, i forgot to pull the wire out at the other end :oops::oops:

thank god my mum did it!!! he would have died if she hadnt done that

:cry: im a bad bunny mum

But he didn't! You aren't a bad bunny mummy at all. Its easy to forget how pesky rabbits can be sometimes. I'm sure you won't be forgetting again :D

Your not qa bad bunny mum, you just forgot! I forget things sometimes, like really obvious things!?

Thank God he didn't die! Thank God for your mum x But you are not a bad bunny mum!!:D
Jack x :D:D

We all forget things and after looking through some of the threads etc... I know you are a great bun mum and your buns are lovely!!!:D

awwww hun what a fright :shock::shock:

really glad hes ok, little monster probably has a taste for wires now :roll::roll:

dont feel bad hun, i think bunnies go out of thier way to scare us :rolleyes:

i felt so awful, i never would have forgiven myself if my little dommy got hurt or worse!!

i feel so bad! i was lucky that my mum thought of it...but i should have :(:(

i felt so awful, i never would have forgiven myself if my little dommy got hurt or worse!!

i feel so bad! i was lucky that my mum thought of it...but i should have :(:(

awww hunny you dont keep house rabbits so why would it be top of your mind especailly as he had to dig it out in the first place..

stuff happens that dont enter our brains and we are lucky the buns dont get hurt and we learn for the next time xxxx

Oh no :shock: I've lost count of the amount of wires mine have gone through, they can do it in seconds. How they haven't blown themselves up I don't know!! I'm glad he's ok! :wave:

btw - I'm trying to get that hay sorted :)

my mum did laugh tho cus i popped him on the cabinet and he pulled THE funniest face ever, his mouth was open he looked really shocked and i went

' i could have died mum' and she burst out laughing!

hes a silly sausage!

Awww, its a horrible feeling but mistakes happen. You are a great bunnie mummy this is just another lesson. I have doubt whatsoever that you'll never ever forget in the future.

SJ my buns have chewed through countless wires and I must confess to being unsure how two of them are still here today :?

The straighteners incident stands out the most because it was me and my bare feet which took the full force of the shock.

Don't beat yourself up about what may have happened, be greatful it didn't happen and learn from your mistake, thats all any of us can do in the end :)

Back