• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and Runs (not the doo doo kind)

SimonKD

Young Bun
I have built my two rabbits a pretty big run (8ft x 6ft) and naturally I want the to enjoy it. I spend most of my time outside in the garden and I was wondering if it was safe to move the hutch so that it sits basicly on the run to allow them access when they want it during the day?

They defo can't get out of the run, but was wondering if they would be okay if I left the door open on the hutch, do rabbits like to be locked in to feel safe?

Hi :wave: Where in Essex are you?

I have my hutch set up attached on top of the run. THere is a hole in the bottom of the hutch wth a ramp and they come and go 24/7. If they want to go and feel safe they go into the hutch and go into the sleeping part.

My run is on the patio though so they can't dig out.

Hi Siona :wave:,

I'm in Dagenham possibly not the best bit of essex... :lol:

I think I will just connect the run to the hutch like you have. If they dont feel safe I am sure they will simply not use the run and I'll move it back. At the moment most of the run is on the grass so I guess I shoudl think about moving to more on the patio (for some reason I didn't think about them digging :oops:

To be honest mine hardly touch the hutch in this weather :lol: They have a little sheltered bit for when its sunny or rainy but they just love to lie in their big box of hay and watch the world go by! :)

Back