• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pregancy!

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Hi...

Some of you may know i took on Bella "the possibly pregnant rabbit from PAH" mentioned last week.

A scan was done on Bella & they said they "didnt think" she was pregnant.
I know nothing about pregancy in rabbits, therefore could anyone suggest anything to me, what to look out for, what i should perhaps do...etc etc etc..!

Thanks in advance..:)

I had my Bella scanned but vet couldn't see any babies. In the space of a week tho when she was speyed she was actually pregnant. Am told it is very difficult to tell until they are well into the pregnancy. Am sure the experts here will help you, there are loads of em and they have helped me bigtime:D

I had my Bella scanned but vet couldn't see any babies. In the space of a week tho when she was speyed she was actually pregnant. Am told it is very difficult to tell until they are well into the pregnancy. Am sure the experts here will help you, there are loads of em and they have helped me bigtime:D

Yeah thats what the vets said apparently...PAH had her two weeks. I understand they are pregnant 28-31days?
All i can say is she eats loadddddssssss!!
x

hi
I got a new foster bun into care last week who looks pregnant.... I have (fortunately) never had to worry about babies, and birthing with my bunnies before, but some of the helpful things I have found out about pregnant bunnies are....
They don't show till towards the end, sometimes if they have had a litter once they can keep a small pregnant shape, they get wide legged, they start building nests, and line it with fur pulled from their tummies, they get over protective, of food and the area they have built their nest, (all of which my new foster bun has been doing) but they are also signs of hormonal bunnies (needing to be spayed) and phantom pregnancy's. Basically our vet said it's just a waiting game, they only carry about a month, so is not that long to wait it out, which is what we're having to do!
It's ever so annoying, but bunnies are good at being mums, and just getting on with it! (for the most part) Anyway I hope that helps, I wish I could offer more helpful advice, but like I say it's all a bit new to me too! hehe!

Keep us updated, esp if any babies come along!

hi
I got a new foster bun into care last week who looks pregnant.... I have (fortunately) never had to worry about babies, and birthing with my bunnies before, but some of the helpful things I have found out about pregnant bunnies are....
They don't show till towards the end, sometimes if they have had a litter once they can keep a small pregnant shape, they get wide legged, they start building nests, and line it with fur pulled from their tummies, they get over protective, of food and the area they have built their nest, (all of which my new foster bun has been doing) but they are also signs of hormonal bunnies (needing to be spayed) and phantom pregnancy's. Basically our vet said it's just a waiting game, they only carry about a month, so is not that long to wait it out, which is what we're having to do!
It's ever so annoying, but bunnies are good at being mums, and just getting on with it! (for the most part) Anyway I hope that helps, I wish I could offer more helpful advice, but like I say it's all a bit new to me too! hehe!

Keep us updated, esp if any babies come along!

oright thanks!
Right i guess i will wait and see...lol
xx

hi hows you preggy bunny?? mines looking like a phantom pregnancy good, as we dont have anymore buns to rehome, so we have space, for more unwanted buns, but sad coz babies would be nice hehe!

Humm shes had diarohea...
I dont know if shes pregnant, she doesnt look it???
Lol, we have had her 2weeks, and PAH had her 2weeks, so thats a month, and no pregnancy signs sooo....
xx

Back