• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

felting the run top

tickles

Mama Doe
Would felt on the run to make it water proof be ok or would it look silly im trying to make wind and waterproof with out blocking out too much light and looking silly.

felt as in the green stuff you get on snooker tables? cos if so i'd say no...

if it's that stuff that looks like it has sand glued into it (greyish colour) then that's what i have on top of my hutch and it works...

sorry if i've got mixed up over felts :lol:

I have it on top of my run, but one problem, is that because there is no slope, you do get a big puddle in the middle of the roof, but it's great at waterproofing your run. If I didn't put the roof stuff on, they'll probably wouldn't go out much, cos of the rain.

thanks for replies i didnt want to do it then it looks stupid or doesnt work.:oops: would it look stupid on the sides to protect from the wind

One of my large runs has a felted top but I tried to be clever and put a perspex section as well to let light in. It did take 3 attempts at felting it to make it water proof and because it is so big again it sags a bit in the middle and puddles do form.

HPIM0901.jpg

There will always be bunnies with bigger hutches and runs than yours :oops: But think about it this way, your bunny is probably still in the top 5% of bunnies in the world, which I think makes him pretty lucky :lol:

I'm not rich by any means, but according to this URL I am still very lucky :lol:
http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Back