• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Animal laws you would make law...

somebun

Young Bun
If you could write 3 new laws what would they be? Mine are...
1) No-one should keep any animal they can't afford...
2) Licenses for all pets
3) Regular checks at your home... if you doing things right, no need to worry;)

i definatly agree with the licences for all pets, and you should have to take some kind of exam to obtain your license.

also i would ban pet stores/garden centres from selling animals.

and introduce horrible fines, jail terms and cruel punishments for anyone found mistreating an animal...

i know iv not 100% thought through the practicallity of these ideas but ho hum;)

I definitely definitely definitely agree with the above second point (and the others too, actually!)

I think that if people really want to have a pet in their family, they should be able to do the research and find a reputable breeder to buy from... I'm completely against pet shops selling animals. :roll:

... and also... i'd ban keeping bunnies on their own in tiny hutches at the bottom of the garden with no attention/affection :cry:

i think u should have 2 do a mini course or test. for 2 reasons

would stop bad owners
but educate good ones

yeh im a good bun owner...but i wasnt when i got them! small hutches, muesli, no vaccs or neuturing. i adored them and spent SO much time with them and to my own knowledge, i was doing great. but i didnt KNOW any better, i wasnt being ignorant. so i think mini courses would help prospective good owners as well as filteing out bad ones

totally agree with point number 2.

people should also be made to read literature an their chosen animal - i talk to other people with rabbits and they don't know anything about night poos and don't know what a binky is :shock: :lol: i wouldn't have known if i hadn't done my homework, i'd think my bun was fitting!

my rules would be that
pet shops only had adoption sections which were tv screens with a live feed to a rescue to animals where people could pick out a pet off the screen that they wanted then get home checked for that pet without the pet being kept in tiny cages in the petshop.

that all people were given a good set of instructions on how to care for their pet.

that small cages were illeagal to sell

i think u should have 2 do a mini course or test. for 2 reasons

would stop bad owners
but educate good ones

yeh im a good bun owner...but i wasnt when i got them! small hutches, muesli, no vaccs or neuturing. i adored them and spent SO much time with them and to my own knowledge, i was doing great. but i didnt KNOW any better, i wasnt being ignorant. so i think mini courses would help prospective good owners as well as filteing out bad ones

totally agree with this. i did some research into bunnies before getting one but charlie was pretty much an impulse buy (although I had bid on a cage on ebay so was planning to get a bunny at some point)... it was searching the net, talking to the vet, reading the leaflets and, most importantly, coming on here that made me realise just how little i knew!!!

I also read up about my animals before getting them too:D I may breed the occassional litter of piggies, but I keep most of them or they go to homes I know and trust.... I have had my fair share of pet shop animals and tbh, I now avoid places that sell livestock:D

Back