• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

G I Stasis - HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
Hiya

Not 24 hours after posting info and hellos about my babies, my oldest bun (who ive had the longest) Jess, (the beautiful chinchilla lop) had been diagnosed with GI Stasis this morning. I took him to the vets ASAP, first thing and think i might have caught it early (as he was eating and pooing last night). I'm absolutley worried out of my brain and am praying to the poop god to make him have a poo. Please anyone who reads this give him a quick fingers crossed cos I'm missin him like mad and worryin like crazy and his wifey Twinkle (see avatar) is going nuts without him. Ta x x x

Lisa :cry:

Last edited:
hes in hospital? wishing him loads of luck

btw they do come home and i know it wont stop the worry but hell be in very good hands getting all needed medication :)

hopefully your boy will come home to you tomorrow xxxx

:wave::wave: I was looking at the avatar and thought I am sure I had seen a pic like that over the weekend and then realised when I read the names it was yours.
I have my fingers and toes crossed for him,let me know how he gets on:D

Loads better thanks! The hospital said i was lucky to get him in when i did. He's eating bits an pieves, cabbage, dandelion leaves etc, and pooin ok. Just gonna keep an eye on him for the next few days. I can;t even begin to tell you all how unbelievably relieved i am!! thank you all for all your kind support!!

love lisa, Jess, Twinkle, belle and Perry...oh...an Stephen the boyf! x

:love:

accordin to the emergency amazing people, absolutely anything! shock, abscesses, tooth problems or just feeling fed up and not wanting to eat. it's when the intestines an stuff stop working and there's not eating and pooing. if it doesnt get any attention they can deteriorate really quickly and die. In my case the vet had no idea what caused it. all i know is the second my greedy ******* stop eatin, i know ive got a problem!!!

Lisa and the crew xx

Back