• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad tempered Dwarf Lop

Prettyprincess

Young Bun
Hello I have a 10 month old dwarf lop called peanut he was neutered when he was ready to be. He lived with my other dwarf lop neutered male called pepper and when they were young they loved each other, but now they hate each other and fight. I have had to keep them apart. Peanut won't let anybody near his cage but when he is in the house on his own he is the sofest cuddliest thing ever. I just want them to be friends again and play out together any advise?

Hello I have a 10 month old dwarf lop called peanut he was neutered when he was ready to be. He lived with my other dwarf lop neutered male called pepper and when they were young they loved each other, but now they hate each other and fight. I have had to keep them apart. Peanut won't let anybody near his cage but when he is in the house on his own he is the sofest cuddliest thing ever. I just want them to be friends again and play out together any advise?

How long have they been separated and where do they live? the agression with his cage is a teritory thing, which will also cause him to fight with Pepper. When did they fall out? Was there a big fight and have you tried bonding them again on neutral territory?

Sorry for all the questions :oops:

Peanut

They fell out when peanut came back from the vets, they live in the shed together with peanut in an inside cage and then they get rotated so pepper is in his own cage and peanut plays out. We have left them in the lounge and they started lying next each other and then a few minutes later they were rolling around fur flying and peanut got his ear ripped. Since the they have been separate but one day peanut got out of his cage and chased pepper around the garden. Nightmare it is a full time job

If you are going to rebond it needs to be on completely neutral territory - where neither bun spends time. It's harder after fights (not impossible - I had a few single buns that I struggled to bond, but then got them all into a 13), so don't let them near each other again until you are ready for rebond attempts. where are you? Maybe there's a local rescue that bonds near you?

If they bond, in future tak both buns together to the vets. They come back smelling funny & can be attacked:cry:

Back