• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please don't think bad of me --->

Status
Not open for further replies.
...but I have ran out of food for Bella. Now the pet shop opens again tomorrow but until them Bella hasn't got any food other then what's in her food bowl now and that's not a lot.

As some of you may know- I have been saving up for Bella's Myxomatosis injection which I only need £1.65 more for her to get it done. Now, the question is, should I carry on saving up for it as it's very important as it was due back in April, or should I spend some of it getting Bella food tomorrow and biscuits? The biscuits could wait as there not really urgent.

Please don't think bad of me :roll:

well the biscuits are not urgent but she obviously needs food, so thats hould come before anything.

does she hay hay, and could you give her some veggies?

She will be fine until tomorrow with hay but I would get some food if thats what she is used to. It's more vital than her vaccination at this stage.

DON'T WORRY!
I run out of food loads of times and it's sometimes weeks before i can go to a shop as i really live out in the sticks.
I usually find some veggies in my fringe, pick some lush lush grass, cow parsley they enjoy, dandelions.. anything. If anything i think they enjoy it more!
I'm giving mine less and less food as they're so fat and they eat so much grass and veggies and stuff!
She'll be fine! She won't go hungry, if anything have a little natural treat!

well the biscuits are not urgent but she obviously needs food, so thats hould come before anything.

does she hay hay, and could you give her some veggies?

Yeah she has hay. I thought her injections should? I'm a bad bunny mummy :roll: I could give her some veggies but she doesn't often eat them straight away. Plus there's a friend under the fridge atm :oops:

DON'T WORRY!
I run out of food loads of times and it's sometimes weeks before i can go to a shop as i really live out in the sticks.
I usually find some veggies in my fringe, pick some lush lush grass, cow parsley they enjoy, dandelions.. anything. If anything i think they enjoy it more!
I'm giving mine less and less food as they're so fat and they eat so much grass and veggies and stuff!

I meant days!!!!

DON'T WORRY!

Ok- I'll see what I can do- thanks.

Mine enjoy celery and carrots the most i think.
Food isn't more vital than a vaccination!!! You can find alternative food like Carrots, Cow Parsley grass and stuff, but as soon as your rabbit comes in contact with mixi, there's no comprimise.

Do you live in the country?

Food isn't more vital than a vaccination!!! You can find alternative food like Carrots, Cow Parsley grass and stuff, but as soon as your rabbit comes in contact with mixi, there's no comprimise.

Ok now I'm confused, should I get her food or have her vaccination done first? I live in Nottingham.

Upsetting a rabbits digestive sytem by changing it's diet suddenly is dangerous.

I would say food was more important right now - Bella will be OK until tomorrow with what she's got, but if she isn't a big hay eater then it's important you have something in that she'll eat. Vaccinations are very important too but right now you need to make sure Bella's insides aren't disrupted too much. Can you pick her some grass and dandelions tonight?

Sorry if im confusing you!!!
Right. I meant like the country-side. Find some veggies in your fridge, pick some lush lush lush grass, some cow parsley, Weetabix (mine love it) Dandelions and Hay. Shove it in her hutch and see if she eats it. If she has a little nibble she'll be okay if she goes hungry she will eat it!
Vaccinations are very important in my opinion. If you dont have food it can be comprimised for free i.e. picking tons of grass and cow parsley for a few days, because thats what they'd eat in the wild BUT if your bun catches mixi then there's nothing you can do :(
She'll be okay :) Trust me :d

We also dont know how long it will be before Diana can afford food again after the vax and a good mix of veggies cost more than a bag of food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back