• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elwood has his operation today U/D He's ok and home

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Elwood is up the vets tomorrow for his castration, xrays, bloods and hopefully incisor removal. I am so worried about him already, with all his problems I really don't know how he is going to react to a GA.

I hope he is ok to have his teeth removed at the same time as they are in such a state again after just 10 days. His upper set are cutting into his lower lips and his bottom gum is so inflammed I think an abcess is trying to form :(

I'm going to give him lots of extra hugs and cuddles tonight. I also hope he is well enough to come home in the evening as I can't bear the thought of him being at the vets all alone at night, he is lost without human company. If he stays I think I well be there with my sleeping bag and thermos

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. I will give him all the extra hugs and nose rubs, that boy can never get enough :lol::lol::lol: I love him soooooooooo much:D

Elwood is now at the vets. I felt terrible leaving him and I'm now walking around with the phone in my pocket. I really hope he will be ok

Vet has just rung HE's OK I'm so pleased, they did him first thing so that he can have longer to recover there and then he can come home tonight.:D:D:D

He has had everything done, his xrays came back ok, his roots are looking good and he has a smooth jaw line. He did need molars burring on all sides and all his front teeth came out sucessfully.

They are have taken bloods and will check kidney function etc this afternoon.

In total he was under the GA for 2 hours :shock::shock:

He is one amazing bunny, I love him :love:

Vet has just rung HE's OK I'm so pleased, they did him first thing so that he can have longer to recover there and then he can come home tonight.:D:D:D

He has had everything done, his xrays came back ok, his roots are looking good and he has a smooth jaw line. He did need molars burring on all sides and all his front teeth came out sucessfully.

They are have taken bloods and will check kidney function etc this afternoon.

In total he was under the GA for 2 hours :shock::shock:

He is one amazing bunny, I love him :love:

Yay well done Elwood !! :D

Blimey, Harry was not even under GA that long when he had his leg amputated :shock:

Janex

I just popped into the vets to check on him, he does look a poorly soldier. But he managed a few hops and is doing lovely poos. I need to ring again at 4.30 and then he should be able to come home :)

Back