• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone ever taken their bunny on holiday?

sam_shinton84

Young Bun
Hi all!:wave:
We are meant to be going on holiday in a few weeks time, and rather than leave Flo behind I would rather take her with us. I was just wondering would the car journey be too stressful for her? It would be 3-4 hours long. Has anyone else ever taken their bunny on holiday who could share tips on making this as stress-free as possible?
Many thanks,
Sam x.

Hi all!:wave:
We are meant to be going on holiday in a few weeks time, and rather than leave Flo behind I would rather take her with us. I was just wondering would the car journey be too stressful for her? It would be 3-4 hours long. Has anyone else ever taken their bunny on holiday who could share tips on making this as stress-free as possible?
Many thanks,
Sam x.

I think it would be fine providing you take some of her home comforts away with you. I would take my bunnies if I didn't have so many :shock: You would have to have some stops along the way as bunnies tend not to drink or eat whilst the car is moving. I took two of my foster bunnies up to their lovely new home in Glasgow (in the car for about 3 hours) and they handled it well. I also used to bring my bridge bunny Charlie up to the North East with me when I used to live in Lancashire and that was a four hour train journey then a short trip in the car. She actually loved going on the train for some reason :)

when we took alvin to scotland (twice now) as well as his cage and litter and food we also took water from our tap...
it was very hot so we travelled thro the night on the way home, but now that we have air conditioning that wont be a problem we put a dark wet towel over the carrier to keep it cool...loads of hay in the carrier, a few of stops a min of half hour because it took at least 15 mins before he would eat some veg. he refused water so i just wet the veg i gave him.

when we arrive the first thing i do is set up his house and litter tray so that he can relieve himself, he holds his poop when travelling.

some nice treats at the other end and its all fine.. alvin loves exploring his new room :D:D

mine always come to glos with me its a 3 -4 hour journey they are fine i do stops for water and munchies and make sure their travel cage is airey. i put air con on too so they not get to hoht. and at service station let them have a hop inside on back seat hope that helps usully 2 stops for them xx

Back