• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can Inky have hurt his other paw?! UD vet said lump reduced and hopefully on mend

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
I don't know, I noticed this afternoon that he was holding his other paw up (the front left instead of the right), I've had a look and he he is moving OK and I can't see anything obvious. I've given him some Metacam and if it is no better tomorrow I will do a more thorough inspection.

Hopefully it is just bruised, he was trying to move the run:roll: yesterday, so he may have bruised it then.

Last edited:
Can you remember me from the other forum?Barleys paw been ok for weeks but i know sooner or later it will go again,maybe its the same problem with Inky.Seems strange the other paw playing up now.Hope things get better soon.

:shock: Blimey! I wonder if some bunnies bruise/sprain etc easily, like some humans do? :? Hope his paw feels better in the morning :( X

Can you remember me from the other forum?Barleys paw been ok for weeks but i know sooner or later it will go again,maybe its the same problem with Inky.Seems strange the other paw playing up now.Hope things get better soon.

Yes I do rememember you!

His right paw is now always a bit of a worry but now his left is painful, I don't know. I'm hoping it will be a bit better when I go outside to feed them in a minute.

Becki xX- I think he definitely bruises/sprains more easily, he's a delicate flower.

I went out and fed them and he is still limping, not really badly but enough that it obviously hurts a bit (he's had some Metacam). I'm going to do a proper inspection when I come home from work and hopefully (although that sounds awful) I can find out what the problem is.

I've just gone outside with my mum to check him and I've found a lump on his leg:(. It's by his first ankle joint and it seems quite big. I think he must have broken his leg or it's a tumour of some sort.

Vibes please for the vets.

FC xx

I've just gone outside with my mum to check him and I've found a lump on his leg:(. It's by his first ankle joint and it seems quite big. I think he must have broken his leg or it's a tumour of some sort.

Vibes please for the vets.

FC xx

Oh Dear...

It could possibly be an abscess on the joint...

sending vibes his way...... x

Last edited:
Thank you for the vibes people. I'll update when I get back from the vets.

I'm so worried about him, me and Smokey would never recover if anything happened to him:cry:.

One of my rabbits got an abscess over the joint which made her limp. It was in the skin not the actual joint. The vet drained it and she was back to normal very quickly :D

Tam

I am so relieved, thank you so much for all your good wishes, I'm sure they helped:D.

The vet saw him and she said that although his leg was a bit puffy and he is a bit reluctant to put weight on it, she couldn't feel the hard lump I'd described. She thinks that he may have dislocated his leg slightly and when I felt along it, I inadvertantly pushed it back into place.

He is now back on Metacam for a week and we'll take it from there.

I bet my vet thinks I'm such a hyperchondriac:oops:.

Back