• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Refreshing pages

willowholly

Mama Doe
Could you please tell me why i have to refresh my page everytime i look at anything on this site.if i dont, new posts dont show and it will say today then when i refresh page i realise that post was from whenever i last looked at site.Can i also say what a nice change it is to go on a site who really love rabbits and dont talk about getting rid of litters cos they not the right size/colour etc.Really really like this site.Look forward to many happy postings but would be better if i didn't have to keep refreshing-so to speak!!!!:lol:

It may be because your browser is caching the pages. If you use Internet Explorer you can follow these steps:

Go to the Tools menu and select Internet Option

From the General tab in the Temporary Internet Files section click on the button named Settings

The first option should be "Check for newer versions of stored pages". If you have broadband then there is no reason why you can't select the first option "Every visit to the page".

If this doesn't help then it may be your Internet Service Provider who is caching the page, and there is not much you can do about that.

Thankyou.When i looked on that it was on the ''never'' button so switched it to ''every new page'' or whatever it said so hopefully it will be sorted now.Thanks again.

Could you please tell me why i have to refresh my page everytime i look at anything on this site.if i dont, new posts dont show and it will say today then when i refresh page i realise that post was from whenever i last looked at site.Can i also say what a nice change it is to go on a site who really love rabbits and dont talk about getting rid of litters cos they not the right size/colour etc.Really really like this site.Look forward to many happy postings but would be better if i didn't have to keep refreshing-so to speak!!!!:lol:

i'm with you there! :wave: some of the methods certainly weren't very savoury, were they? :?

Back