• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby French lop with an ear with a mind of its own!

Prettyprincess

Young Bun
Hello, I have just bought a beautiful opal doe French Lop called poppy she is 9 weeks old and one of her ears sticks up and has a mind or its own. is this normal. I have 3 dwarf lops so a frenchie is new to me. :wave:

Last edited:
Ive had 2french lops.Got them both at 12weeks but both ears were lopped so sorry not much help there!Im sure the ear will lop soon cos they will be too heavy to hold up.Is your bun a cross breed?Its just frenchie ears are usually too heavy to hold up.Sorry,did that sound rude,i didn't mean it too.Afterall ive only had experiance of 2frenchies so im really no expert.

When B listening she holds her ears forwards and even marches with them but she cant stand them up,they are just too heavy.:D

Mine is supposed to be a lop all others out of litter and both parents have loppy ears mines have a mind of there own can be down 1 minute and both up next :D

ear!

Hello, she is definately a pure french lop and she is 10 weeks old, not 9 but one ear sticks right up all the time it looks funny she is well cute and the nicest girl ever but I hope her ear goes right

I've never seen a frenchie with helicopter ears before!

My frenchie can't lift her ears - they're too heavy:lol:

Are you frenchies ears like this (my mini lop)
2003_0112aug070047.jpg

They can take a while to decide which way they are going to go, but if she's a frenchie I'd be surprised if they didn't lop completely in the next few weeks.
Two of my mini lops (sisters) have helicopter ears - obviously couldn't decide which way to go, so chose one of each:lol::lol:

Any photos's of your frenchie - I love frenchies:D

Back