• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Angora' Rabbits?

toffeeapple

Warren Scout
I have a beautiful lionhead rabbit called Toffee and he is a massive fluff ball. I'm having him cut for the summer because i think he'll get so hot. i often cut all the mass of fluff off his face so he can see...
anyway, took him to the vets to have his injections yesterday and the vet said he's the fluffiest rabbit she's ever seen and reckons he's got a bit of angora in him.
Has anyone got an Angora Bun? Can they post a piccie for me?
Cheers Hets xxx

Some lionheads are just fluffier than others, they don't have to be angoras to be fluffy.
But here's the school angoras anyway:
Fuzzball_bun_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

This one doesn't have his full fur coat as he's been clipped.

Also here's our old lionhead (don't have her anymore:
Nuske_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

One thing I use to recognize them usually is the ears, no other rabbit breed I've seen have that fluffy ears:shock:

I would send you a picture but he's all clipped now.
The vet said he could have some angora in him.
He's definitely not as fluffy as that white angora one though :p
He's fluffier than that white speckled one, who i must say is a cutie ;)
He may be a X
He is who he is to me and i love him whether he's a lionhead or a X
:)

My two lion heads have very long fur my vet thought they might have angroa in them too. I have just choosen 2 angroa crosses at the local rescue and they are really fluffy too can't wait to get them next weekend:D

Whey im not the only one!! Are their head like balls.. of fluff?
You can't tell one end from the other!!
Haha
Xx

Nuske (the white spotted one I showed earlier) used to be a ball of fluff too. (she was also clipped fairly often) We were told she was an angora-cross, but breeders later said it was an extra fluffy variety of the lionhead. She'd been clipped on the pic earlier too. I'll try to find some more fluff-pics of her.
Here's Nuske when she was younger, right before she got her first haircut.
Fluffy_Bunny_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

I've seen lionheads with little fur, lots of fur and buns like Nuske who've been just tiny fuzzballs espesially when they are younger. Nuske WAS a fluffball, but as she grew older she "lost" the fur on her back and became just an extra fluffy lionhead.

" Just to note, Snowy is a Cashmere Lop, not an Angora Lop "

How do you know, I was going to ask after I saw the pictures or Arran and did wonder, just never got round to it. What is the difference between a cashmere and an angora? :wave:

Last edited:
Cashmere Lops have quite a different coat to an Angora as Angora's coats are "wool" whilst a Cashmere Lops coat should be silky to touch with density. Cashmere Lops have a softer undercoat though. Cashmere Lops well are lopped whilst Angoras have tips on their ears and are well upright (I wish I could think of another term for this). The type is different too. Cashmere Lops weigh up to 5.4 lb maximum too.

Ok, so would that be why his coat is soooo much harder to keep knot free than Jessica's. His coat is very fine and it seems the individual hairs are thinner.
Thanks, wow, we've got a breed we didn't know about, COOL.:lol:

I might one day soon use one of my Cashmere Lops to explain their coats, would that be of help to anyone?

I have a cashmere x lionhead who has an amazing coat. I was told she was lionhead and all of her littermates were single maned lionheads. Milly's fur just carried on growing and when I took her back to the rescue for a coat clip they didn't believe it was the same rabbit. I put her fur out for the birds to take to line their nests :lol:

Back