• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping Dilema

IzzyTwig

Alpha Buck
In the past few days there's been a shift in behaviour with Nuggette and Otis. He's started humping her non stop, pulling fur out in the process. She was always dominant bunny and would usually sort him out with a sharp nip and a hump, now she just runs away or takes it looking intimidated.

Otis was neutered in February and up until now hadn't shown any interest in mounting or even trying to establish his dominance. He was quite happy being the underbunny. His biggest problem was nest building, he got a bit confused bless him.:lol:

I was planning on getting Nuggette spayed soon once they were both settled into their new home, but now with all the humping I don't think it's a good idea as he could cause her damage after an operation and they hate to be separated.

Any advice on how to stop this behaviour, she's clearly getting sick of it and I'm worried about her. I don't want to separate them as they're thick as thieves but at this rate she'll have bald shoulders!:shock:

how much space have they got? Last year Petunia was humping Victoria relentlessly and I was a bit worried, but Victoria could always run away as they have a big shed full of boxes and stuff - if they jump into or go behind a box, or up onto a stool or chair, it defuses the situation before any fighting happens. She doesn't do it at all now, in fact I saw her grooming Victoria the other day and they seem closer than the other girls in the group, so I'm glad I didn't split them, but I did wonder if I should at the time.

Back