• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding my four...

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
how would you all recommend i start? will be happening next month

like what procedure would you recommend? litter trays or bowls etc? should they go for a car ride at all? first? in the middle?

ive done pairs but they were easy pairing...i dont think ths four is going to be easy

ooooo... I'm thinking of doing the same.:D
I was thinking of taking them all for a car ride on some bumpy dirt roads and then bringing them back and putting them directly into neutral territory.

Do you have a game plan worked out yet?

im just a bit wary of starting it on a carrier.... i dont know if thats the right thing to do or not

Ooh I wonder. Could I do it with mine? A flemish, a frenchie, a weeny bitza and a miny lop? tricky tricky tricky.... :lol:

SJ, I have no advice but I'll be watching closely! :)

Ooh I wonder. Could I do it with mine? A flemish, a frenchie, a weeny bitza and a miny lop? tricky tricky tricky.... :lol:

SJ, I have no advice but I'll be watching closely! :)

im a bit scared cus i havent tried it before... i kno il be a bag of nerved by myself!1 lol altho louise and gus is coming to help for a bit!

We put all ours into a neutral space (Chloe's bathroom!) and then after about an hour into the box and drove home (35 mins) and put them into small, neutral pen here. Were in the pen for couple of days then moved pen into bunny room and eventually removed the pen. That said though ... I do think our foursome was a comparatively easy bond.

Good luck ... we're all here to support you! :D

I would second what Abi (Woodlouse) has suggested. I have just bonded 8 into one group, we still occasionally get to witching hour but it seems to be going ok 8 down, 6 to go :shock::shock:

Good luck.

im quite scared to say the least, do you stop fights? as all my previous bondings havent involed one fight!

i mean how you tell a 'scuffle' from a 'fight' when they lock on and sort of scrap would you stop this?

I would just put them into neutral space and see what happens - ideally somewhere you can get a deckchair, a flask, some lunch and a good book (and a broom and gloves!), and sit in the middle of them all day if you need to. I definitely wouldn't start them off in carriers or with a car ride.

When I bonded mine into a 4 I did it at a rescue which was neutral space (they were there boarding anyway while we moved house). I literally did take the above items and sat there all day with them. At the end of the day there was a 1 hr car ride home, then I slept on the kitchen floor with them for 3 more days before I was comfortable leaving them alone together.

im quite scared to say the least, do you stop fights? as all my previous bondings havent involed one fight!

i mean how you tell a 'scuffle' from a 'fight' when they lock on and sort of scrap would you stop this?

Somebun will back off in a scuffle but in a fight they will go 'head to head' as it were.

With four rabbits I would be very cautious about starting in a carrier....it's really hard to split a fight if one starts inside and you would need an extra set of hands ( and two pairs of thick gloves).

im just a bit paranoid about doing it myself bcus i think ill be too soft seeing them scuffle and want to save them :oops:

wish someone would do it for me!!!!

im just a bit paranoid about doing it myself bcus i think ill be too soft seeing them scuffle and want to save them :oops:

wish someone would do it for me!!!!

I've turned down two foursomes in the past week but it's due to a lack of space rather than a lack of guts :lol::lol::lol:

Back