• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I overheard my elderly neighbours say...

sonnet

Alpha Buck
..."Have they got a new shed?" (daughter)
"Yeah, it's for the rabbit" (father)
"You're Joking!!!" followed by gasp (daughter)
:roll: :( :roll:

Well SORRYYYYY!!!!!! But it is the year 2008 & not 1908 you know!!! The days of keeping 4 buns to a 3ft hutch are long gone!!!! :censored:
Oh & anyway its not a shed - tis a cabin!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would put up a sign where they can see it,to keep them going,saying 'This way to Merlins Cabin' :lol::evil::lol:.Total numpties they are!!!Nosey at that,none of their business!

Don't you just hate nosey neighbours. Obviously got nothing better to do. Next time they are out there you should start speaking really loudly about nowadays rabbits are kept in sheds as well as hutches.

pop a leaflet thru their door outlining the cruelty of the "old" ways of keeping rabbits and the numpties way of housing bunnies..and how this makes it easier for and better for you and the buns......thatll shut em up or encourage them to be nice:lol:

I would have a really loud conversation inn the garden when they can hear:

Oh I LOVE THE NEW BUNNY CABIN! IT IS GREAT FOR THE RABBIT!!:evil:

:lol::lol::lol:
Jack x x

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I think that is brilliant. Love it. Silly old fools. I revel in people thinking I am eccentric! If they are too narrow minded to respect another creatures life and well being, that is their problem! I would be dead chuffed with myself if I was you!

..."Have they got a new shed?" (daughter)
"Yeah, it's for the rabbit" (father)
"You're Joking!!!" followed by gasp (daughter)
:roll: :( :roll:

Well SORRYYYYY!!!!!! But it is the year 2008 & not 1908 you know!!! The days of keeping 4 buns to a 3ft hutch are long gone!!!! :censored:
Oh & anyway its not a shed - tis a cabin!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I live near you and I'm sure that my neighbours think I'm mental too (good, they're evil to their rabbit:evil:)! Because of Inky's poorly feet, I have thick rubber mats at both cat flaps so he isn't jumping straight onto paving. I'm sure my neighbours think I'm making them wipe their feet.:lol:

Silly old fools, I have elderly neighbours too and I spent a fortune on having Brambles teeth done and his absess drained, she told me I was pathetic it is only a rabbit and to put a brick to his head :shock: so I told her that because she can't get about much should I buy a paving slab for her head :lol: When I told her I was going to buy a wendy house for my two she just rolled her eyes and scurried off, didn't have the chance to tell her it was her husbands idea :D

Nowt as queer as folk and i'm NOT talking about all of us:lol: though maybe we are a wee bit mad,but in a good way;):lol:

Ha! Deanna - I loved your response to your stupid neighbour. I think you were quite reserved actually! People make me really cross - when I say I've got to take any of mine to the vets, they start making jokes about rabbit pie etc. The other one is when you lose a bunny to old age or ill health and they immediately say "it was only a rabbit, you can always get another one". I'm waiting for someone to lose a child and then I'll say "never mind, you can always have another one". They just have no idea how much they mean to us and say some really hurtful things.

Just for the record (before anyone gets upset) I don't really want someone's child to die but you know what I'm getting at!!

Y'know I've decided some neighbours deserve to be wound up......
Since we've had our third dog a couple of the neighbours have made comments whenever I've walked past like "your family just keeps on growing", and "are you having any more now?" and a snide one which I wasn't suppossed to hear which was "here she comes with all those dogs":evil: only 3 for gawds sake, and they're well looked after, groomed, walked, fairly well behaved...

Anyway, same neighbour saw my third shed arrive, and visibly paled:lol:

After the run had been built and it was all painted up and fitted out she leaned out of her bedroom window (two doors down mind!) and asked how many rabbits have you got now?
Eight I replied.
All boys, she asked.
No, four pairs of boy girl.
Oh my life, she says, you'll have hundreds soon. :roll::roll:

Well, I work in animal rescue, so need I say more?
So I didn't and have left her wondering:lol::lol::lol:

Reminds me of a conversation I overheard my neighbours having once. I was in the bunny playhouse at the time, nailing some wire mesh up at the window. First neighbour said 'what's the banging?', other neighbour said 'it's the rabbits next door', first neighbour replied 'Oh, they make a lot of noise!' :shock:

I nearly pee'd myself at the time, trying to imagine my rabbits practising their DIY skills on their new home :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Most of my friends think I am a bit mental for having all my pets, 4 Bunnies, 1 horse, 1 Angus (Shetland :lol:) and 7 guinea pigs... Still a teeny bit of room for expansion on the guinea pig side :D:D:D :lol::lol::lol: But they are like "how do you cope?"

They are only little things! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I think that is brilliant. Love it. Silly old fools. I revel in people thinking I am eccentric!

Im a happy eccentric too. :thumb:
Imagine what I'm going to be like when I really am old and senile :shock::shock:

My neighbour loves our bunnies!! If she's out in her garden and we have em out on the patio, she leans over to have a look. She was facinated by Wuzzle!!!!
She thought we only had 2 bunnies though coz we have 2 hutches, and her face was a picture when she found out we have 4.

Back