• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit quiz questions

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
Hello - another project we are doing for the RSPCA welfare week. Although this is for the RSPCA it will not say RSPCA on it and anything we produce we will be happy to share with anyone doing rabbit welfare awareness so please help us to help bunnies everywhere.

We are doing a colouring competition for the younger children and probably a dot to dot picture too. There will will also be face painting.

For slightly older children I want to do a story board (like a comic strip) colouring competition but with a real message coming from the story - any ideas??

For children who are old enough to take responsibility of their own pets (with parental supervision of course) I thought a knowledge quiz might be good., with multiple answers given. So far I have only thought of a few questions and they are...(the questions are very rough as I started with the answers)

-Classification - lagomorph or rodent.
-Does a rabbit like to live A, in company, B, alone
-Which should a rabbit have available all the time, A, hay & water, B, veg & water, C, rabbit pellets and water.
-Which if these descriptions is a happy chilled out rabbit, A, lying down with back legs flopped to the side, B, on hind legs looking around, C, sitting with ears alert.
_also need questions regarding poos and caceotrophs (will look up correct spelling later:oops:), dried mixed food/pellets, neutering, if bunny doesnt eat what should you do, etc
Please feel free to think of new questions or improve my questions!!

The plan is to give out a correct answer sheet as they hand in their entry so good information will hopefully be read. The quiz therefore needs to cover all the important aspects but without being too long and boring.

Do you think the children will go for all of this?

Maria x

For slightly older children I want to do a story board (like a comic strip) colouring competition but with a real message coming from the story - any ideas??

Maria x

For the story, how about a sad rabbit living in a small hutch with no toys and on its own that gets a big hutch, a (neutered) friend and some toys?

ETA and then becomes a really happy bunny that binkies!

Sounds like a great idea to me. Found a few websites which may help you with the questions: http://www.geocities.com/billynock/Quiz.html http://www.allthetests.com/quiz07/dasquiztd.php3?testid=1070931986
http://uk.msnusers.com/BunnyFriends/rabbitquiz1.msnw

I assume you're going to make these quizzes colourful? You could even have a harder bonus question and have a pic of a particular breed of rabbit, and they guess what breed it is. You could also either place random pics of the breeds around, or print them on the quiz..

The storyboard thing could be a little more difficult, but could be along the lines of the tortoise and the rabbit (childrens story) or another animal story.

Good luck, :)

x Anna

Actually, Cazzap that's a great idea! :)

And maybe they could rehome the bun, (happy ending) that sounds great.

x

For the story, how about a sad rabbit living in a small hutch with no toys and on its own that gets a big hutch, a (neutered) friend and some toys?

ETA and then becomes a really happy bunny that binkies!

Thanks for the idea - I may well use that. I was stuck on 5 pictures all saying something important eg neutering, good diet, enough space, companion animal and vaccination but couldnt see how to link them all together. :oops: :roll:

Maria x

Sounds like a great idea to me. Found a few websites which may help you with the questions: http://www.geocities.com/billynock/Quiz.html http://www.allthetests.com/quiz07/dasquiztd.php3?testid=1070931986
http://uk.msnusers.com/BunnyFriends/rabbitquiz1.msnw

I assume you're going to make these quizzes colourful? You could even have a harder bonus question and have a pic of a particular breed of rabbit, and they guess what breed it is. You could also either place random pics of the breeds around, or print them on the quiz..

The storyboard thing could be a little more difficult, but could be along the lines of the tortoise and the rabbit (childrens story) or another animal story.

Good luck, :)

x Anna

Thanks for the links - I never thought to google for a quiz. :roll: Just need to add a few more questions now.

It will be photocopied in b&w I think, so no colour but I can add photos on the bottom or something.

questions, hope they help:
What is the best way to pick up a rabbit?
What vaccanations do rabbits need?
Why does a rabbit grind it's teeth?
What would you do if your rabbit was injured?

I think the idea of a rabbit alone in it's hutch is perfect for the story board as that is what happens to most childrens pets!

These are the questions I have so far.

What is a male rabbit called?
O Buck
O Boar
O Bull

What is a female rabbit called?
O Doe
O *****
O Sow

How often should hutches be cleaned?
O At least once a week
O At least once a fortnight
O At least once a month

What is a baby rabbit called?
O Kit
O Kitten
O Kid

Which vaccinations should your rabbit get every year?
O VHD, myxo
O measles,flu
O turberculosis, rabies

Rabbits are crepuscular, what does this mean?
O Active during daylight hours
O Active at night
O Active at dawn and dusk

What is a rabbit under the scientific classification system?
O Rodent
O Lagomorph
O Reptile

How should a rabbit live?
O Alone
O With another rabbit
O With a Guinea Pig

What should a rabbit always have available?
O Pellets & Water
O Fresh Vegetables & water
O Hay & Water

Which food is recommended to ensure all rabbits get all the nutrients they need
O Hay & Dried mix food
O Hay & Complete pellets
O Hay & Vegetables

What should rabbit poo look like?
O Hard, dry droppings,
O Runny, smelly liquid
O Small bunch of smelly, slimy grapes

What should I do if my rabbit stops eating?
O Tempt with favourite foods and if still not eating after one hour go to a vet
O Leave with favourite foods and check again tomorrow
O Take food away so it doesn’t make itself sick and try again tomorrow

Can rabbits live indoors?
O Yes, they can be litter trained and happy living indoors
O Yes, but they need the windows open all the time
O No, rabbits should only live outdoors

I want to ask another question about how to recognise illness but I don't know how to word it. The answers I want are
Not eating or drinking, change in droppings (runny or small & hard or none), nasal or eye discharge, bloated belly, unusual behaviour.

I also need an accommodation question but again, Im not sure what to ask?

And the big question - do you think a child of 10+ should know all this?

Thanks
Maria x

questions, hope they help:
What is the best way to pick up a rabbit?
What vaccanations do rabbits need?
Why does a rabbit grind it's teeth?
What would you do if your rabbit was injured?

I think the idea of a rabbit alone in it's hutch is perfect for the story board as that is what happens to most childrens pets!

Hi Lisa

Thanks for your input :D
I will add your questions in as well.

Maria x

1-My Rabbit has a dirty bottom, what could be wrong ?

A. Incorrect diet- too much carbohydrates/protein ( pellet/muesli feed) and not enough hay

B. Dental problems- again origionating from a diet lacking enough hay/grass. Buns with Dental problems find grooming themselves uncomfortable

C. Pain- Arthritis of the spine making grooming and keeping him/herself clean painful for the Bun

D. Obesity- Bunny too fat to clean him/herself properly.

2-How does a dirty bottom put a Bunny at serious risk?

Answer : FLYSTRIKE

1-My Rabbit has a dirty bottom, what could be wrong ?

A. Incorrect diet- too much carbohydrates/protein ( pellet/muesli feed) and not enough hay

B. Dental problems- again origionating from a diet lacking enough hay/grass. Buns with Dental problems find grooming themselves uncomfortable

C. Pain- Arthritis of the spine making grooming and keeping him/herself clean painful for the Bun

D. Obesity- Bunny too fat to clean him/herself properly.

2-How does a dirty bottom put a Bunny at serious risk?

Answer : FLYSTRIKE

Thanks Jane - will add to the list.

Maria x

OK, these are the questions.

1 What are male and female rabbits called?
O Boar & Sow
O Buck & Doe
O Bull & *****

2 How often should hutches be cleaned?
O At least once a month
O At least once a fortnight
O At least once a week

3 Which vaccinations should your rabbit get every year?
O VHD, myxo
O measles,flu
O turberculosis, rabies

4 Rabbits are crepuscular, what does this mean?
O Active during daylight hours
O Active at night
O Active at dawn and dusk

5 What is a rabbit under the scientific classification system?
O Rodent
O Lagomorph
O Reptile

6 How should a rabbit live?
O Alone
O With another rabbit
O With a Guinea Pig

7 What should a rabbit always have available?
O Pellets & Water
O Fresh Vegetables & water
O Hay & Water

8 Which food is recommended to ensure all rabbits get all the nutrients they need
O Hay & Dried mix food
O Hay & Complete pellets
O Hay & Vegetables

9 What should rabbit poo look like?
O Hard, dry droppings,
O Runny, smelly liquid
O Small bunch of smelly, slimy grapes

10 Which statement is most true?
O Most rabbits are frightened easily and do not like to be picked up.
O Most rabbits love noise and attention
O Most rabbits love to be picked up and passed around
11 Do rabbits need to be neutered?
O No, just keep males females apart
O Only the males need to be neutered
O Both sexes need to be neutered

12 Do rabbits need lots of space?
O No, a small hutch in the garden is enough
O Yes, a hutch and secure run is the minimum a rabbit should have.

13 What should I do if my rabbit stops eating?
O Tempt with favourite foods and if still not eating after one hour go to a vet
O Leave with favourite foods and check again tomorrow
O Take food away so it doesn’t make itself sick and try again tomorrow

14 Can rabbits live indoors?
O Yes, they can be litter trained and happy
O Yes, but they need the windows open all the time
O No, rabbits should only live outdoors

15 What is the best way to pick up a rabbit?
O By it’s ears with one hand at arms length
O By the scruff of the neck with one hand at arms length to avoid being kicked
O One hand under the belly/on scruff and other hand supporting the hind legs and hold close to your body

16 What should I do if my rabbit has a dirty bottom?
O A dirty bottom is not a serious problem
O A dirty bottom just needs cleaning
O A dirty bottom needs cleaning and a visit to the vet

17 Name two ways to recognize illness in rabbits.
At any sign of illness it is very important that your rabbit sees a vet quickly.

1……………………………………………………………………
2……………………………………………………………………

Last edited:
And this is the answer sheet to be given out and taken away.

1 What are male and female rabbits called?
:) Buck & Doe

2 How often should hutches be cleaned?
:) At least once a week
Regular cleaning helps to keep diseases away especially flies (whose eggs can harm your rabbit).

3 Which vaccinations should your rabbit get every year?
:) VHD is Once a year, Myxo is Twice a year, usually Spring and Autumn.

4 Rabbits are crepuscular, what does this mean?
:) Active at dawn and dusk

5 What is a rabbit under the scientific classification system? Lagomorph

6 How should a rabbit live?
:) With another rabbit
Rabbits are companion animals and need company. Many rescues offer a bonding service to help your bunny make a friend to live with. Rabbits and guinea pigs should not live together as the rabbit can harm the guinea pig.

7 What should a rabbit always have available?
:) Hay & Water
Hay is very important for a rabbit and should be 80% of the rabbits diet. It helps with digestion and keeps the teeth at the correct length.

8 Which food is recommended to ensure all rabbits get all the nutrients they need?
:) Hay & Complete pellets
A small amount of pellets daily with unlimited hay will ensure your rabbit has a healthy diet.

9 What should rabbit poo look like?
:) Hard, dry droppings
Most droppings should be hard and dry. Rabbits also produce a different kind of poo – often overnight , which look like slimy grapes, called caecotrophes. The rabbit eats the caecotrophes as they are full of nutrients that the rabbit needs to be healthy. You should not see many caecotrophes but if you do, you may need to look at the rabbits diet.

10 Which statement is most true?
:) Most rabbits are frightened easily and do not like to be picked up.

11 Do rabbits need to be neutered?
:) Both sexes need to be neutered
Neutering prevents unwanted litters, improves behaviour in both males & females and prevents uterine cancer in females which is fatal.

12 Do rabbits need lots of space?
:) Yes, a hutch and secure run is the minimum a rabbit should have.
New laws state that a minimum size should be no less than XXXX

13 What should I do if my rabbit stops eating?
:) Tempt with favourite foods and if still not eating after one hour go to a vet
A rabbit has a very delicate digestive system and needs to be eating very often to keep the gut moving. If a rabbit does not eat at it’s normal time it needs to see a vet .

14 Can rabbits live indoors?
:) Yes, they can be litter trained and happy
Quite often indoor rabbits live longer than their outdoor friends due to the carer realising in time that there is something wrong. As an indoor pet you see them more and know their normal behaviour.

15 What is the best way to pick up a rabbit?
:) One hand under the belly/on scruff and other hand supporting the hind legs and hold close to your body
Someone needs to be able to pick up your rabbit at least once a week in summer to check for a clean bottom. Apart from health checks it is best not to pick up your bunny unless it is necessary.

16 What should I do if my rabbit has a dirty bottom?
:) A dirty bottom needs cleaning and a visit to the vet
There are many reasons for a dirty bottom, eg tooth problems, overweight and incorrect diet to name a few. A vet will tell the reason for the dirty bottom and suggest a solution. A dirty bottom puts the bunny at serious risk of flystrike.

17 Name two ways to recognize illness in rabbits.
At any sign of illness it is very important that your rabbit sees a vet quickly.
1 Not eating or drinking
2 No droppings or droppings become few, small and hard or runny
3 Runny nose or eyes. Can often be seen sticking fur together on the front paws where they try to clean themselves
4 A dirty bottom can be the beginning of an illness
5 Bloated belly making lots of rumbling noises
6 Rapid or noisy breathing (if the rabbit doesn’t normally sound like this)
7 Unusual behaviour that you cant explain

A rabbit usually doesn’t show pain and cannot be sick (vomit).

So what do you think?

Maria x

Back