• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for buns in London

Hi everyone, I posted something similar elsewhere but am new to posting so thought I'd try again.

I really hope someone might be able to advise, but basically I've been hoping to get some buns for about a year now and have finally decided to take the plunge.

The problem is I live in London and the only places near me are Pets at Home (yuck!)type places, and as I dont have a car it's really difficult for me to get out to the further afield rescues etc.

I'm ideally looking for two small buns to live outside together in a lovely huge, secure hutch with run, but I've always had my rabbits inside with me in the evenings/weekends etc whenever I'm in and around; so they won't be lonely!

Could anyone recommend the best thing to do? At this rate I worry I'll end up just buckling and buying a poor little bun from Pets at Home as it always breaks my heart going in there and seeing them like that!

Thanks xx

They are seriously cute-I've always wanted mini lops really - but guess I shouldnt be too picky. I had a netherland dwarf bunny for years who I adored as well - just love tiny little buns! xx

I also foster for ARC in Richmond/Twickenham, and we have a really sweet pair of bunnies at the moment. Their previous owners treated them like their own children, and only gave them up because they moved back to Sri Lanka and it wasn't possible to import the bunnies there.

Here's a photo of Tinker and Bella:

TB2.jpg

they are absolutely beautiful!! Are they indoor buns though? Sadly as I rent my flat my buns will be outdoors. I feel as if that is seen as a bit cruel these days? But I thought as long as they're in a pair and get plenty of love and attention (they'd be seriously adored by me!), then outdoors is fine for buns?
xx

they are absolutely beautiful!! Are they indoor buns though? Sadly as I rent my flat my buns will be outdoors. I feel as if that is seen as a bit cruel these days? But I thought as long as they're in a pair and get plenty of love and attention (they'd be seriously adored by me!), then outdoors is fine for buns?
xx

They have lived indoors with their previous owners, but they can be kept outdoors. It is warm enough now, and they will grow a warm enough coat in the autumn. They are big attention seekers, so they should not get locked up for too long, but they also have each other's company. I did not need to brush their coats at all, as they groom each other a lot.

hehe I have just had a look at the ARC website and found the videos of the buns in their lovely outdoor pen. They are so adorable!! It must have been heartbreaking for the owners to leave them behind :-( Do you foster lotsof bunnies at once, and have your own? It must be a big commitment xx

hehe I have just had a look at the ARC website and found the videos of the buns in their lovely outdoor pen. They are so adorable!! It must have been heartbreaking for the owners to leave them behind :-( Do you foster lotsof bunnies at once, and have your own? It must be a big commitment xx

I only have one foster hutch. The ARC bunnies are with quite a few different fosters, we don't have one central rescue building/garden. So I have two hutches for my own bunnies (the 5 you can see below), plus the foster hutch which has so far homed between 1 and 3 bunnies at a time. It is great to meet all sorts of different bunnies and then to see them go to a new home. Although I sometimes would prefer to keep them for myself. :lol:

I just noticed that our website says that they should be rehomed as indoor bunnies. I think the previous owners insisted on that. Although I think they'd be quite happy outdoors, too. You'd have to see what Donna and Janice think about it.
If you don't drive, then you could always arrange a bunny run through this forum. If you find a rescue that rehomes to outside their area, then you could post a request for a bunny run here and you may find people who transport the bunnies for you.
In what part of London are you?

I live in South East London, so not too far from the greenwich rabbit rescue. I noticed that your two buns were listed as indoor buns, and totally understand that the previous owners may have requested this be the case. I guess if thats what they are used to then it might be mean to put them outside, and noone wants a sad bunny!
I have been in touch with a local breeder of minilops who has some babies to sell - whilst I'd really rather rescue a rabbit I am quite tempted by the prospect of babies :( does that just make me one of the baddies though? I genuinely want to do the right thing you see!

You often find babies in rescues, too, so you could adopt babies AND do the right thing at the same time. I can understand if you want mini lops, as I have one and he has the biggest character. They do come up in rescues, too, just not as often as cross breeds.

I just noticed that our website says that they should be rehomed as indoor bunnies. I think the previous owners insisted on that.

This was a request of the previous owners but they have been outside in the nice weather, and like it, so I don't think there would be a problem with them going to an outside home.

Rescues usually have babies in but we don't always advertise them as it can attract 'the wrong kind of person' - the person who is tempted by cuteness rather than a desire to home a rabbit that needs them. And babies are babies for such a short time.

I am sure that you will be able to get help with getting a bunny home from a rescue.

The pair at ARC are so adorable!

Back