• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

maybe a dental on Monday.

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
:( Blitzen is off to the vets on Monday :( His teeth are giving him problems and he has some slight swelling in his cheeks and his teeth are getting quite long :( He is being fed soaked pellets and grated/finely chopped veggies :(

he's never had problems before so It's only when I noticed the swelling that I knew he needed the vet

Ah Poor Blitzen, it's likely he's been having problems for a while but they don't often present any symptoms.

I hope the vet gets him sorted!!

yes i do, i check them weekly along with their eyes, ears , nose etc
I do it every Saturday, so today is the day I found out

yes i do, i check them weekly along with their eyes, ears , nose etc
I do it every Saturday, so today is the day I found out

You do a great job with your buns Beth :)

I think maybe Indie meant a regular check at the vets every 6-12 months as we can't see the back teeth without an otoscope.

i did, but having a dental bunny myself i know that if teeth are long, they have been long for more than a week. baileys teeth are quite slow growing but buns teeth grow 2mm min a week.

im not critisizing, im just saying.

They aren't long, they are starting to get long- but I'm focusing more on his inflamed cheeks

Yeah inflammed cheeks indicate that he probably has a problem with his molars i.e spurs which are potentially cutting his cheeks/tongue. If he hasn't been able to wear down the back teeth then they will grow longer, develop spurs and only then will you see a problem with the incisors.

I think he's a lop isn't he? They are prone to problems. If he has his teeth burred and is put onto a course of antibiotics he should be ok, but will more than likely require regular checks and burring from then on in.

Thankyou but I know that :)
I was just saying that I wasn't going my the length of his teeth, just the inflamation of his cheeks.
Thanks everyone, I'll update you on MondayX
ETA I've had experience with dental buns before Charlie so I know the sort of treatments they need :)

Thankyou but I know that :)
I was just saying that I wasn't going my the length of his teeth, just the inflamation of his cheeks.
Thanks everyone, I'll update you on MondayX
ETA I've had experience with dental buns before Charlie so I know the sort of treatments they need :)

I wasn't insinuating that you were not looking after him properly :) Every dental bun is different too. I have three and they all require different types of treatment. :)

i didn't mean it to sound like that sorry
i meant that i know they need follow up dentals etc :)

It's ok, I think I knew you didn't really :lol:

Anyway, hopefully Blitzen will be ok. Hopefully he won't need dentals as often as mine! it's blooming expensive :shock:

Back