• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes for Daisy please - post dental

vick

Alpha Buck
We have Daisy back home following her first dental. We noticed she wasn't right last night as she let us pick her up without a struggle, she was also holding her head slightly to one side and chewing with nothing in her mouth, generally looking pretty miserable and uncomfortable.

This morning the vet confirmed her molars were growing abnormally and would need a burr. She actually ended up having two molars removed as they were infected and one had been cutting her cheek :(

She is now recovering from the anaesthetic in her usual place under our bed and I have surrounded her with all her favourite foods, which she is not interested in at all yet understandably, although she is drinking. I thought it would be a good idea for Harvey to comfort her but he took one whiff of her and scarpered! Harvey is blind so he cannot even see that it's his girlbun, he has to rely on his sense of smell. They are now in separate rooms as I didn't want either of them to be freaked out but now I'm worried I'll have to rebond them all over again after this. Should I just try putting them back together again now and see what happens?

We have Daisy back home following her first dental. We noticed she wasn't right last night as she let us pick her up without a struggle, she was also holding her head slightly to one side and chewing with nothing in her mouth, generally looking pretty miserable and uncomfortable.

This morning the vet confirmed her molars were growing abnormally and would need a burr. She actually ended up having two molars removed as they were infected and one had been cutting her cheek :(

She is now recovering from the anaesthetic in her usual place under our bed and I have surrounded her with all her favourite foods, which she is not interested in at all yet understandably, although she is drinking. I thought it would be a good idea for Harvey to comfort her but he took one whiff of her and scarpered! Harvey is blind so he cannot even see that it's his girlbun, he has to rely on his sense of smell. They are now in separate rooms as I didn't want either of them to be freaked out but now I'm worried I'll have to rebond them all over again after this. Should I just try putting them back together again now and see what happens?

Poor Daisy :-(

Ideally harvey should have gone with her....especially seeing as how her relys on smell and Daisy will not smell like Daisy to him. If bonding is going to stress them out then no I wouldn't suggest to try and bond them at the moment :(

Daisy seems better today, although she isn't eating a great deal. Her mouth must still be sore though. She will only nibble carrot or apple if I literally shove it under her nose. She was all over the place yesterday but today is much brighter. The vet has given us Metacam for pain relief (2 drops per day), Baytril and Bio-Lapis.

To our relief, Harvey has accepted her with open paws again! He welcolmed her home (and no doubt tried to get rid of her nasty vet smell!) by giving her a good 10 minute groom.

Back