• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question For Rescues................

I think they must have the patience of saints.

I'd probably find it so hard to bite my tongue - the tip would be bitten right off. ^^'

You smile and say nothing is easier than saying something ;)

I find it hard when you give up your days off every week for bonding bunnies and I tend to keep one part of my days off as a time where I dont have callers. You then suggest times for people either picking up or dropping off animals and they think it is unreasonable for you to not want people visiting on that evening you specifiy.

I am trying to keep Sunday afternoon free this week and someone now wants to drop something off on Sunday afternoon because there is nothing on the TV to watch on Sunday afternon :rolleyes:

I dont think it is much to ask as I have been bonding the past couple of day, have rabbits going out on Saturday evening, Sunday morning and also Sunday evening. Perhaps I am asking too much :?

I think I have lost my temper with people about 3-4 times..
The really stupid ones are easy to ignore..its the ones that have let an animal suffer when you know they are aware of the conditions

Also hate the people who ring late in the evening with " I need to bring you 3 rabbits tonight cos my son is bored of them"
I then say we are full..and their reply
"I thought you're meant to be a rescue" :censored::censored:

I have spent ages trying to 'educate' someone about how to care for their Rabbits. I printed off all the RWA Care leaflets, gave them contact details for my Vet, told them about neutering/vaccinating etc and what do I discover when I call in to see how they are doing............

They have decided to 'let Blackie and Flopsey have a family as it would be nice for the children to see some baby Rabbits'......................:censored:

Have B + F been vaccinated.......NOPE :roll:
Did they remove Blackie from Flopsey before she kindled........NOPE :roll:
Have they decided what to do with the (6) Babies.......YEP They are selling them to the Petshop B+F came from..........

:censored:

Janex

I shouted at someone once and made them cry, I did feel bad afterwards though :oops:

I have spent ages trying to 'educate' someone about how to care for their Rabbits. I printed off all the RWA Care leaflets, gave them contact details for my Vet, told them about neutering/vaccinating etc and what do I discover when I call in to see how they are doing............

They have decided to 'let Blackie and Flopsey have a family as it would be nice for the children to see some baby Rabbits'......................:censored:

Have they decided what to do with the (6) Babies.......YEP They are selling them to the Petshop B+F came from..........

Janex

People are idiots...

My very young cousins rabbits have dug under their decking and burrowed three into a garden THREE houses away. They also keep escaping through the back gate which is a typical iron gate and the STILL complain about them doing this.... They think it's ok because the rabbits come back but I have tried countless times to say they will not be so lucky next time. How hard is it to block up the rabbits exit points or buy a run???

Then again these are the people that just allowed their rabbits to breed for an entire year until I stepped in and had the male neutered for them.

I'm thinking of taking them while they are away on holiday.

Someone ignored all the stuff I told them and then rang me to tell me the buns had had a fight - when they told me what they'd done I pointed out that they hadn't listened and they got offended and started shouting and after a bit I just hung up on them :oops: She's 30 odd and got her mum to call me back!! :rolleyes:

Janex

Are they members of the BRC by any chance?

Last edited:
Honestly, these people are meant to be intelligent, The chap is an Accountant and the woman is a Graphics Designer.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh the world has too many educated idiots

Janex

Educated in one respect....ignorant in another.

I'm tired of trying to help people only to have it thrown in my face. I don't know why I bother, I really don't.

I just wanted to punch their lights out :oops:

Janex

Maybe you should :shock: Just kidding ;) It doesnt really seem like much is changing in regards to people becoming more educated about buns does it :( It doesnt matter what you say to some people they just dont want to learn :?

Sadly, its not just buns, lots of people let their cats have kittens for the kids to see. I have to say there is no excuse for ignorance, there is plenty of information out there. How hard it is to buy a book or go to the library or phone the vet.
Luckily I've not had to deal with people too often, the animal has come to me via a go between- vet, other rescue. However, when we went to see Jack the goat (see post in stories and pictures- meet my sheep), I was as nice as pie, because I just wanted to get him and his companion out of there. I couldn't call them "ignorant gits" incase they didn't hand them over. Unfortunately, when our vet phoned the SSPCA, they couldn't do anything because we'd removed the animals.

Back