• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Breed are these

Cyberdog

Warren Scout
Hi,
I have just bought these two rabbits (Sisters) from a pet shop. We were told they where Silver Fox, however looking at images on the web they look like Silver Martin.
I would be grateful if someone could give some advice.

IMG_4.jpg

IMG_20.jpg

Last edited:
My first thought was they are silver fox but I'm not that great on breeds. What ever they are they are very cute :D

I thought silver fox too, but I'm not good with breeds really. They're very cute though! :D

I don't know but they're both gorgeous! :love:

Just a quick word of advice - the pet shop may say they're sisters but they are known to often get the sex wrong. Have they been checked up by a vet? A good all-round health check is a good idea anyway. :)

Please keep us updated with plenty more piccies! :D

AMETHYST

look a bit like our old bun woozle..and the vets asked me if he was a silver or sable fox...um hes a heinz 57:lol:

bless him hes been dead 3 years now:(

I don't know but they're both gorgeous! :love:

Just a quick word of advice - the pet shop may say they're sisters but they are known to often get the sex wrong. Have they been checked up by a vet? A good all-round health check is a good idea anyway. :)

Please keep us updated with plenty more piccies! :D

AMETHYST

Very good idea, they need their needles anyway.:)

They are Silver Foxes. You'll never see a baby Marten Sable that frosted. Silver Martin is an American Term, its whatt he Americans call our Silver Fox. When looking up breeds/colours ALWAYS use UK sites because the Americans use completely different names for things.

Back