• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few questions! Update!!!

xShellx

Alpha Buck
Just got back from vets as both Marble and Pepper had there vhd jabs.

Peppers booked in for castration next week. Vet said they usally wait till 5 months but as hes a big boy and his balls have droped hes geting done.

Can I put the rabbits back together after peppers op? They are allready bonded.

Vet said I should have 24 hour acess to run. Do you think its safe with foxes? They are in a 13 foot run for 12 hours a day at the mo.

Last edited:
If Marble's an unneutered female, you'll have to keep them apart a few more weeks as Pepper will still be fertile for awhile longer. (Cant remember how many weeks, but I'm sure someone will say!)

Foxes come at any time, day or night :shock:, so it's up to you really if the run is fox proof.

If Marble's an unneutered female, you'll have to keep them apart a few more weeks as Pepper will still be fertile for awhile longer. (Cant remember how many weeks, but I'm sure someone will say!)

Foxes come at any time, day or night :shock:, so it's up to you really if the run is fox proof.

Marbles a castrated male! We thought Pepper was a girl but hes a boy, I wanted to have him done before his hormones kick in!

They are best of friends at mo

therun007.jpg

its fox proof i think

Hey i have a male and female and got my male castrated. I asked my vet how long before i can put them together and he recommended 4 weeks. After 4 weeks i put them together and he did try to mount her but that stopped after 3 days and my female never got pregnant!

So id recommend 4 weeks.

Also your female may need to get spayed as my female became the dominant one and started mounting him and she never stopped. So best to get them both done before you put them together.:D:)

Brilliant run! Lucky little bunnies. Mind that they can't dig under, possibly you could dig the wire deeper into the ground or putt some cement slates along the ground so they cannot dig out under the fence. Also I think it may be a bit cleaner, once all the grass is eaten it may turn into mud. Also of course make sure the door is always shut securely, do you have a lock or something like that? I do think it looks great though! :)

Hey i have a male and female and got my male castrated. I asked my vet how long before i can put them together and he recommended 4 weeks. After 4 weeks i put them together and he did try to mount her but that stopped after 3 days and my female never got pregnant!

So id recommend 4 weeks.

Also your female may need to get spayed as my female became the dominant one and started mounting him and she never stopped. So best to get them both done before you put them together.:D:)

They are both boys!!!! SO I dont have to worrie about pregnancies. Is there any reason for not puting stright back together apart from unwanted pregnancies?

Brilliant run! Lucky little bunnies. Mind that they can't dig under, possibly you could dig the wire deeper into the ground or putt some cement slates along the ground so they cannot dig out under the fence. Also I think it may be a bit cleaner, once all the grass is eaten it may turn into mud. Also of course make sure the door is always shut securely, do you have a lock or something like that? I do think it looks great though! :)

Hi there is chicken wire underneith the run so cant dig out, They are still outside now, Duno if I should put them in the hutch or let them stay out all night?

Hi, they should go to the vets together and stay together until immediately pre-op. Then the post-op male should be put straight back with his friend to recover.

I wouldn't separate them at all. Take them both to the vets. There is always a risk if one comes back from the vets smelling 'funny'. Love the set-up, knowing how wiley foxes are, I think you're right to put them in the hutch at night - only my opinion though

I wouldn't separate them at all. Take them both to the vets. There is always a risk if one comes back from the vets smelling 'funny'. Love the set-up, knowing how wiley foxes are, I think you're right to put them in the hutch at night - only my opinion though

I did ask if I should bring both and the vet said no, Said they will be fine being apart for just a day.

What a great run :D I dont know if chicken wire is fox proof though - foxes can (and will...) dig to get in :shock: But as you say, the buns have 14 hours access, and the hutch is a nice size, so being shut in overnight isnt really a hardship.

I'd tell your vet that you want both to come in together. As well as the risk of the bond 'breaking', it'll be less stressful for Pepper to have his friend for company.

Hope it all goes well :D

Peppers been castrated yesterday. Put them back together as soon as he got back and they are fine. They have been together for nearly 4 weeks and they love each other. Hardly ever apart.

I still put them in the hutch each night at 10pm and let them out first ting in the morning. I would worrie to much to leave them out! SHell

Back