• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

baby rabbit green mucousy poo

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
:(
poor little scrabble had got the runs... we're off to the vet at 4:20
s/he is only 3.5 weeks old, anyone know what it is likely to be? :?

sending lots of vibes hun :( and preying its not ME Binky got this when he was8 weeks old was not nice watching him suffer and not knowing if he'd pull through or not. i have everything crossed for little Scrabble

Sending lots of vibes for Scrabble. I got a baby bun Dotty through ME it was on and off for a while. Hope all goes well.

back from the vets - she's not sure what it is cos she says a lot of things look the same :?
Scrabble was given sub-cutaneous fluids and a jab of baytril and I've been given some more fluids and baytril to give at home...
They wanted to give me something to do a bit of supplimentary feeding, but they didn't know what, so I'm going to ring them later with suggestions from you guys... my first thought is to try to get Scrabble to feed off Roz whilst holding them - any tips on how to do this? and is this the best thing to try first? if it fails, what milk replacement should I use? also what about probiotics?

When I fed a baby from it's mum I put mum on my lap facing away from me and then lifted her front paws and rested her back against my front and held the baby to her which worked for me. Hope (s)he gets better soon.x

I was giving the 3.5wk old baby I had problems with goats milk, hope the little one is ok

Hi Faye, I've been at work so only just seen this. I do hope Scrabble will be ok. I will be hurling vibes your way until further notice.

Scrabble has had some cimicat, probiotics & fluids up til midnight and I checked on him/her at about 4am... there hadn't been anymore diarrohea until this morning, but when I checked at 4am he/she had passed some more :(
I'm just getting some more cimicat, probiotics and fluid ready now and have been weighing up whether or not to split him/her from the litter and bring him/her inside for more intensive nursing and handrearing :?
I was going to weigh him/her again to see if any weight has been lost overnight and take it from there...

Back