• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What exactly does it mean by "catching some wind"?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
Bernie came back outside on warm weather, but windy, and his diet dropped in the past 24 hr. So what I don't get is, if the rabbit species is so fragile, how can they survive all these years?

And is there a need for treatment after a bunny catch some wind?

What kind of crazy question is this? :lol::lol::lol:

Where have you heard that saying before, I've never heard it to be honest? :?

Ok Mr Hopping, are you saying that your bernie was put back outside to live as its now warmer but still windy?
And that is it ok for them to be out in some wind?
And is the loss of appetite due to the wind?

I think only rabbits in captivity are fragile as in general they are fed a 'fake' diet.

My rabbits *touches wood* have never had any gut problems or teeth problems and graze free range on grass and given hay and herbs and some veg and fruit.

Does that answer anything? :lol:

Well, it's sunny yesterday, so I took Bernie to the backyard for about 45 min. When he came back, he's not eating his regular diet. He is eating the green, some pellet and treats, but not all the pellet. He loves pellet, so if he doesn't eat them (there isn't a lot to begin with), I knew something is wrong

Well, it's sunny yesterday, so I took Bernie to the backyard for about 45 min. When he came back, he's not eating his regular diet. He is eating the green, some pellet and treats, but not all the pellet. He loves pellet, so if he doesn't eat them (there isn't a lot to begin with), I knew something is wrong

Maybe he stuffed himself with fresh grass? Mine eat alot less hay in spring/summer as they gorge on the grass during the day and don't want anymore by nightfall!

If he is eating everything else I wouldnt be too worried :D

I'm not sure that being outside in the wind would make him stop eating? Unless he got stressed. Perhaps it was a coincidence.

By the way...in the wild they only live about 2 years.

Mine are eating alot less this week but still very perky! I think its the warm weather. Is your bun acting normally. If poos small try to give veg to hydrate. I have cut pellets by half today.

mine havnt been eating as much either their pellets last most of the day and no 5mins:lol:

that's exactly what happens. But it could be a coincidence. So you guys are saying that if the weather is sunny but windy, the wind cannot cause the bunny to stop eating?

Because another explanation would has to be the hot weather then.

Back