• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Random pics

debbie_7155

Warren Scout
These are pics of all my animals..
white rabbit=Thumper
Mixed brown rabbit=Shadow
white retriever=Lucie
golden retriever=Elsa (after born free)
basset hound=Geoffrey
cat=Callie (hedgehog isnt mine..lol)
ducks=Bonnie & Clyde (wild ones but tame)
guinepig=Gizmo (sadly died last year)

Im looking for a large run for the rabbits..as you can see i have a large garden, 1/4 acre, maybe hubby can come up with something?,
i thought he did a nice job on thumpers extention :D

Phew think thats it...quite a zoo really..:lol:
oh me feedng a squirrel & my cat sharing her food with a baby hedgehog & gets fed from a silver spoon :love:

S7000830.jpg
[/IMG]

S7001448.jpg
[/IMG]

S7001441.jpg
[/IMG]

S7001423.jpg
[/IMG]

S7001208.jpg
[/IMG]

S7000725.jpg
[/IMG]

S7000325.jpg
[/IMG]

S7001658.jpg
[/IMG]

S7001657.jpg
[/IMG]

S7001653.jpg
[/IMG]

S7001646.jpg
[/IMG]

S7001648.jpg
[/IMG]

S7001643.jpg
[/IMG]

Great pics!:wave:

But erm, Hedgehogs shouldnt have milk, it gives them a sore tummy, better off with non-fish cat food or dog food.;)

awww ty for all the lovely replies...

yes the rabbit & guinepig lived together, i got them both together when they were babies..
They always got on great, cuddle up together, ate together,played,
no fighting
the guinepig suddenly died last year..the vet said they are prone to just die without an excuse, i take care of all my animals, every 6 months they go to the vets to be checked, poor gizmo :cry: we do miss him..my hubby buired him (deep) in the garden with an owl statue on a slab so we know where he is...
Thumper is like a batchelor rabbit since gizmo died, i wouldnt trust him with another guinepig or rabbit, he thumps alot & runs from us..hes not frightened stubborn is more like him, like he is rebelling since gizmo died,
hes checked by the vets, actually he went last week with shadow & he is healthy, he just doesnt like to be fussed over, wheres shadow does...its quite sad really cos i miss the cuddles, were lucky if we can get a cuddle more than 5-10 mins before hes had enough :(

As for the hedgehog we buy the milk from the vets (fit for animals) its a powder compound, we dont give our animals our milk as it has no nutricious values for them so its pointless...
i did tell the vet the hedgehog drank some he said it was fine it wont do it any harm (not like those mcdonalds plastic lids do) but thats another story

Hiya :wave:
you have lovely animals :D
I'm sorry to hear about your guinea pig, but is Thumper neautered? This might stop the thumping and the aversion to you and then he would live with a female bunny :D
BethX

Aww, your animals are gorgeous and that's a very cool garden!!!!

Someone on here build a run with fence posts and then meshed around them - if you've got a lot of space that might be a cheap way to build a big run :)

My male bun is a lot like Thumper. He stamps at me if I go near him and refuses to come close and take food off me. He will from the kids though :lol: He gets on with his wife fine though. I think it makes him more brave so if you were thinking of another bun I wouldn't rule it out because of his behaviour towards you. They often react quite differently to other rabbits.

Tam

oooohh can i have him neutured at 5yrs of age ?

when i introduced slowly over a day shadow to him in the garden run not in thumpers cage he went up to shadow sniffed & seemed happy enough,
THEN :lol: he tried mounting the poor little thing, i very quickly stopped before he could actually do anything to him..that was 2 weeks ago
i havnt tried introducing them again :lol:

i thought thumper would be too old for another bunny especially a baby one to be housed with him ?

i swear when he stomps his feet, one of these days he will shoot through the bottom of his cage :lol::lol::lol:

i would love for the 2 to live together but will be happy whatever the outcome, but i do think its nicer for animals to have company

Yes, at five your vet would probably do a blood test to check his health pro op but if he's healthy he'd be fine to neuter :D

Alfie (my male) relies a lot on Gypsy, she does things first and then he'll follow her. He gives me a wide birth though, no cuddles at all :lol:

Is Shadow a boy/girl and if a boy neutered? Two boys can be harder to introduce. Though saying that Alfie's previous partner was a boy.

well im going to have shadow back to the vets
who the vet said he thinks he is a boy...but that was 2 weeks ago & he was between 8-10 weeks old though the vet did say it is hard to determin at that age of sex,
cos shadow i think has built like a nest in his bed quaters.. cant be having pregnant phantoms ? as a baby & prob a boy ? :lol:
why cant i just have a normal animal :lol:

:lol: It's unusual for boys to build nests but not totally unheard of. Boy-girl pairings are usually easier anyway and Shadow is fairly unisex so don't worry too much :lol: Have you had a look underneath? Once boy bits drop they are fairly obviously. You're looking for two pink lumps at the base of the tail.

Tam

no i left it to the vet last time..will get hubby to help me tomorrow...maybe he will have better luck :lol:

shadow does everything that thumper doesnt.. he likes kisses when i greet him, he nudges me alot (nicely).. he eats food from my hands, i can stroke him all over, he plays with me

Dont get me wrong i love thumper to bits, i just wish he would let me love him the way shadow lets me love him, it saddens me to think he is missing out

:wave: can I just say I love the Harliquin bunster and your garden looks fab. I only wish my own garden was as big:). Your OH has done a fab job on the bunny tunnel leading from the hutch to the run.:thumb:

Back